most accurate chrono?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• most accurate chrono?

am looking for a second chrono to buy . am looking for recomendations from you guys as to what is the best / most accurate available and reliabilty issues ...

Re: most accurate chrono?

Chony F1 is pretty good to be honest. It is a bit fussy outside due to light but if you put a couple of LED lights on the sunshades it works outdoors and indoors. It has a nice wide area to shoot over too. Gets my vote.

Comment

I heard the new iPhone chrono app is brilliant. And free!

http://www.mymobilescoop.com/wp-cont...phone-shot.jpg

Only one use though......

(seriously though, the Combro CB 625 is a brilliant little chrono for the money imho)

Comment

The Xcortech is generally good but i would use the chrono that your regular site uses. They fluctuate between manufacturers.
        www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Comment

xcortech 3200 is super. Its the most accurate chrono I've used. Easy to use, multiple configurations, simply great.

Comment

have had the usual issue with the mall last week and they use xcortech ... is lighting an issue with them as i used my xcortech at home and got different readings to them ,,, big time ..20/25 fps out . mine reads true i think as i checked with two shops chronos and mine is only fractionaly different to the shops ...

Comment

i use a chrony f1, would like to see a better chrono! its costly though but you get what you pay for
              Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

i would reccomend just going with whatever your local uses, doesnt matter how good your chrono at home is, if their chrono says you're over the limit it wont matter
                Signature Removed

Comment

Skan, if price ain't an issue. Or the xcortech is pretty good.
                  . .

Comment

Xcortech are very good. I recently replaced my combro, which someone kindly shot to shit, with one and haven't looked back. It's also only about 2-3fps different to the site chrono so I know I'm okay if I use it.

Comment

Originally posted by baddbaz View Post
                      have had the usual issue with the mall last week and they use xcortech ... is lighting an issue with them as i used my xcortech at home and got different readings to them ,,, big time ..20/25 fps out . mine reads true i think as i checked with two shops chronos and mine is only fractionaly different to the shops ...
                      You think thats bad mate...

I was down at my local site the other day with my brand new (2 days old) completely stock VSR-10 and their crappy chrono gave the following, laughably inaccurate, readings:

245 fps
                      276 fps
                      440 fps

Only a 200fps difference then - and to give them credit at least the middle one was about correct :P

Comment

Xcortechs are generally very good... however, at the end of the day, if the chrono sensors are dirty or have been damanged (which can and does happen) then obviously the chrono will be shafted...I have access to 3 chronos, the Xcortech, Madbull V2 and a Gurader Speeder 2000. The madbull is kinda ok, but does give the odd wierd reading. However, it must be used in good light and then seems accurate. The Guarder also gives consistent readings but appears to be 8-10fps less than the Madbull..Perhaps the sensors need cleaning? The Xcortech gives the most consistent reading though and averages about the same as the Madbull. My site uses a Madbull which is why I have one....

Comment

most accurate is the Combro CB 625 because its fixed to the end of the barrel each shot takes the same path. But you cant use it on pistols or guns with tapered barrels or big flash hiders

My Xcortech is very consistent.

Site chronos can take a lot of abuse so can be intermittent at best. I once had a completely stock TM P90 read 400fps . rebooted the site chrono and 295 !
                          Last edited by cannon_fodder; 4 January, 2012, 09:05.

Comment

Originally posted by cannon_fodder View Post
                            most accurate is the Combro CB 625 because its fixed to the end of the barrel each shot takes the same path. But you cant use it on pistols or guns with tapered barrels or big flash hiders
                            You can if you're brave! I've had a 625 for years, great bit of kit, but like all chrono's is very light sensitive.

The issue with the Mall's chronoing is almost certainly down to the room that they test the guns in being very dark. My stock TM SOPMOD was clocked at 305 there, which would have been illegal in the country it was manufactured and a odds with every other TM AEG I've seen in the 12 years I've been playing.

Comment

Originally posted by bobafett View Post
                              Perhaps the sensors need cleaning? The Xcortech gives the most consistent reading though and averages about the same as the Madbull. My site uses a Madbull which is why I have one....
                              Interesting. My Xcortech consistently read around 10 fps higher than the Madbulls my local used to use. They use Xcortechs now.

One thing I will suggest to someone just buying a chrono - take it with you to the site so you can "accurately" compare it with the site's chrono(s) to give you some confidence in your home readings being similar to the site's.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

baddbaz Find out more about baddbaz
                              Working...
                              X