custom aeg gearbox's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom aeg gearbox's

had a chance to talk to a friend of a friend at the weekend and what he did i found quite interesting... what he does is buy cheap gearbox's and strips out all the parts and replaces them with mainly shs parts so only the trigger contacts and wireing are left standard he then shims them, corrects aoe regreases etc. then he sells them for £100 as "complete custom gearboxs" he said he was having great success in selling them and that he cant build them fast enough.. which has me thinking would you buy one of these drop in gearboxs for £100?? i guess you would be mainly paying for his time more so than the parts but still seemed a bit steep to me.

Re: custom aeg gearbox's

£100 for a good/ custom gearbox is not expensive.
    "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

The parts themselves must be a fair part of that. Gears £20, piston £10, spring £10, shims £5 etc.

Infact if he really does replace everything... Can't see how he makes money!

Comment

Fair play to the enterprising individual.

But even the best parts in a poor quality shell wont last long! I have seen some really bad failures built in cheap cases.

Comment

Is an Ics split gearbox a bad shell?
          And is it possible to get a standard v2 shell
          I AM A NOOB ON A MISSION!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ToolBox View Post
            Fair play to the enterprising individual.

But even the best parts in a poor quality shell wont last long! I have seen some really bad failures built in cheap cases.
            Im still using my A&K gearbox shell (V2), never let me down, the fact Ive had a CA, ICS and G&G let me down in the time that ones still going.
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Jag has a point, i priced up a complete SHS internal set recently minus tappet plate and the little spring set, as a mate was on about them so priced it all up for him one day

and even at the cheapest UK Prices it came to just over £100 and thats without the gearbox case its self and electrics

unless of course his somehow getting SHS parts at a trade price?

not bad deal though if it is full SHS internals and obviously his time spent setting them up correctly

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
              The parts themselves must be a fair part of that. Gears £20, piston £10, spring £10, shims £5 etc.

Infact if he really does replace everything... Can't see how he makes money!
              sigpic

Comment

If he does it from a shop or online shop

Hell get parts at retail price

Also how do you know they are scs parts as in America scs is also matrix rebranded

And I bet 30-40 quid of the final price is his labour fees not the actual price of parts

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tsv2tuff Find out more about tsv2tuff
                Working...
                X