Barrels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrels

Hi guys possibly a very silly question but don't do alot of gun construction. Barrels, what determins what gun they fit? Obviously length but that is easily sorted but was sure about diameters, how they fit in gun etc? As in pics just look like tubes with no particular fixing at each end,

Thanks

Re: Barrels

Originally posted by freakypug View Post
    Hi guys possibly a very silly question but don't do alot of gun construction. Barrels, what determins what gun they fit? Obviously length but that is easily sorted but was sure about diameters, how they fit in gun etc? As in pics just look like tubes with no particular fixing at each end,

Thanks
    because that's all an airsoft barrel is... tube, inner diameter is different depending on use.. a 6.00mm inner diameter is best for sniper rifles as a full auto weapon will have issues that tight....

length and inner diameter are what most people should be looking at
    Dan Wesson FPS downgrade and Action smoothing tutorial written by me! :- here

Comment

Right, that's k then plan is after reading something off the forum the other day fitting a psg1 long barrel to my sr25 just fits inside standard silencer so no abrupt sticky out bits lol

Comment

Originally posted by phatboi View Post
        because that's all an airsoft barrel is... tube, inner diameter is different depending on use.. a 6.00mm inner diameter is best for sniper rifles as a full auto weapon will have issues that tight....

length and inner diameter are what most people should be looking at
        Disagree, a 6.00 is not necessarily the best. It will get you a higher FPS but won't give as good of range compared to a 6.03.
        "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Range is my main aim, already got fps were I want it, just want more range

Comment

so really then any barrel can be fitted to any gun providing it can be housed safe, diameter and lengths just determine power/range accuracy???

Comment

Length wont really effect range. A correctly set up Hop does that. But it will effect power as it means the BB has more time being propelled by air. The diameter minimises the ricochet of the BB in the barrel and so makes it more accurate, it will also effect the power as there is less space for air to escape around the edges of the bb.

Comment

lol so really then im looking for a tight barrel for accuracy and minimal upping of fps,

Comment

A TB Barrel will effect the fps slightly, but it shouldn't be too much (max 10fps I would say)..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

freakypug worked in a few different car garages now, main dealer audi, lotus and now working for private company in my village, used to be a british drift championship driver in my rx7, also demo drifted for santa pod doing the taxi rides and displays for the previous 3 years, started air softing back in 2005 with my mates, was a member od dclu back then, sadly no longer running. havent played since 2007 and now i dont drift anymore decided to come back to the fun, Find out more about freakypug
                  Working...
                  X