Have you ever used a cloned item?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever used a cloned item?

Inspired by the earlier thread, I'm interested to see just how many of us have used at least one cloned item in our airsofting lives. My guess is a lot.
    Yes
    97.67%
    No
    2.33%

The poll is expired.

For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
    Check out my other sales!

Once, and never again.

Comment

Re: Have you ever used a cloned item?

yes tonnes and will continue to do so im not a soldier im an airsofter

Comment

Yes, several and two of them were better in construction and fit than the real thing, go figure!

Comment

Use JG for all of my projects that thend to go sour and i sell on. I have found they really are good. picked up a JG MP5 for $110 for a mate of mine, 1/2 compressed the spring overnight and left everything else stock, he even uses the included battery which pop's out a healthy ROF. FPS is 3300 ish and to be honest it really does work a treat!

Comment

Originally posted by gunslinger11 View Post
            FPS is 3300 ish and to be honest it really does work a treat!
            F*** getting hit by that!
            The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

If we're talking RIFs then yes, loads. I think a lot of people seem to think there are 2 divisions in airsoft, on one hand the "clones" and on the other the more respected manufacturers. It just does'nt work like that, some clones are better than some "better" more expensive makes and there have been many, many lemons produced by makes such as Ca, Star and yes, even TM. Each RIF should be judged on its own merrits regardless of whether it is a clone or not.
              HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Originally posted by gunslinger11 View Post
                FPS is 3300 ish and to be honest it really does work a treat!
                So that mp5 shoots a 0.20g BB at twice the speed of a real bullet?

Sir that is one large accomplishment, i take my metaphorical hat off to you.
                Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
                Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Yea. Some of its good a lot of its very bad. Rather buy 'proper' gear second hand and save that way.

Wouldn't go near uber cheap crappy guns tho as they dont last. Even well known 'good' makes can be muck too. My tanaka usp lasted a massive 500 bb's and shat its inner barrel out! Shame, its got a very good kick and made of nice abs still dry fires tho. Oh joy!

A lot of the time if you buy cheap you buy twice. But its nice when this is proven wrong
                  Western arms pistol parts needed please pm me
                  Any Full Metal WA pistols? Sell me them!!

Comment

Tanaka have never been very skirmishable while the legendary JG G36c can be good for 250,000 rounds plus and then probably only needs a new hop rubber.
                    HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

I've used plenty of the cheaper kit if you count china optics and vests as clones.
                      Although generally I prefer to stick with the more high end AEGs, primarily for the quality of the externals. I'm sure the internals on JG and the likes can be brought up to scratch with a bit of tinkering but I dont much fancy my stock snaping of half way though a skirmish.

Comment

Originally posted by RedCell View Post
                        I've used plenty of the cheaper kit if you count china optics and vests as clones.
                        Although generally I prefer to stick with the more high end AEGs, primarily for the quality of the externals. I'm sure the internals on JG and the likes can be brought up to scratch with a bit of tinkering but I dont much fancy my stock snaping of half way though a skirmish.
                        my jgm4 stock just fell off yesterday but didnt matter was abit easier to manoever
                        After cheap project guns and various bits of kit

Comment

Lol it didn't get past the garden! JG are great , mate had an AUG and despite his best efforts it would never die even after 3 years!

Are JG a clone, considering they themselves are being cloned is that a clone clone lol. Always considered them one of the better china brands.

AEG kinda bores me i see em as a way to get hits, but there are some nice ones that being said....Pistols are my thing, carry them, touch them, shoot them, look at them LOVE THEM hahaha
                          Western arms pistol parts needed please pm me
                          Any Full Metal WA pistols? Sell me them!!

Comment

my jg m4 s-system is still going strong after a few years,my mate has a jg m4 and still going strong.
                            i had a cyma ak47 for about 8 years,no problems.
                            all companys can send out a faulty gun but the chinese cloners have really stepped up the game,they arent just making clones,theyre making reliable/quality clones for (in some cases) less than half the price of top brand name companys.
                            sigpic
                            Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
                            Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

Almost everything I use is a clone. My guns are clones (internally) and most of my kit is 'clone' (if you count reproduction as a clone that is).

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kensai Find out more about Kensai
                              Working...
                              X