Flashlight concerns in Airsoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashlight concerns in Airsoft

Bought a sweet expensive flashlight in preparation for a trip down to the Mall, but just realized that in addition to illumination they also provide a really nice target to shoot at...then I look at all the coke cans I've shredded in the backyard and I think, well, I'm not sure I want my torch on the receiving end of all that, do I?

So, I'm wondering what sorts of torches you have on the ends of your guns, if you worry about or have experienced any BB damage? Finally, does anybody uses shields like these for example: http://ant-supplies.co.uk/images/SCO...HIELD-MAIN.jpg

Thanks!

Re: Flashlight concerns in Airsoft

I got my torch for £15 of a certain popular online auction site. Its been fine so far. You can get some cheap ones from China, if they break then just buy another. There is the risk of it getting shot up, but its a rather small target on your gun so I would not worry about it.

As for illumination making you a more noticeable target, you just have to be tactical about when you use it. Only use it when necessary.
    For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
    Check out my other sales!

Comment

A disc of perspex in the end does the job. Last i was at the mall i had the lens on my aimpoint replica shattered.
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Heroshark will cut you a Perspex lens for your torch for £8, and your sorted for life

Comment

I use an ultrafire 502b which does the job very well for me. At a recent night game I compared it to a friends surefire and for a fraction of the price it lit up the rooms and buildings further away just as good. As for protecting the lens a small bit of perspex is all you need.
          Get it right roon ye!

Comment

I was wondering who this Heroshark is, as his website is defunct...then I realized he's a forum member. Oops!

Comment

I've got a surefire scout that I'm definitely going to put a lens cover over. I'd be gutted if it got shot! I've also got an ultrafire (not sure of the model) and that's nice a bright but I'm not quite so worried about it getting damaged as I got it on the cheap side.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam-Beta View Post
                I've got a surefire scout that I'm definitely going to put a lens cover over. I'd be gutted if it got shot! I've also got an ultrafire (not sure of the model) and that's nice a bright but I'm not quite so worried about it getting damaged as I got it on the cheap side.
                Indeed, I got mine for about 20 quid and parts are easily replaced, which is why I take the chance of it getting shot. Not that it happens often because once I get my Jack Bauer on no-one stands a chance!
                Get it right roon ye!

Comment

Ki had my torch lay on the floor at the mall. A bloke came upto it and deliberately shot it out from ft away!

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

I bought an Ultrafire 501B on ebay. I got it shipped all the way from China. I mounted it to my shotgun, and the first game of the first skirmish I took it to, it got shot, and the lens smashed. BUT... it still works, and is still as bright as it was.
                    Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

I got one of those cheap £15 ultrafire (surefire clone) torches with a 800 lumen bulb in it and all I did to protect the bulb was replace the glass with a bit of perspex which is abit thicker than glass .It can take a shot from a 300 FPS gun easily.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CacklingHawk Be strong, be fast, don't be too serious Find out more about CacklingHawk
                      Working...
                      X