Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Does temperature effect performance of AEG's and Snipers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does temperature effect performance of AEG's and Snipers?

I know temperature effects performance of gas guns, but what about guns which use springs?

So i think metal contracts in colder temperatures which means theres less of a spring, meaning a lower FPS? Are there any noticable differences in temperature with spring guns or are they very subtle. Or maybe even now change atall.

Another interesting idea is, do barrels get tighter in colder temperratures?

Anyone got any answers?

Re: Does temperature effect performance of AEG's and Snipers?

i don't know about the batterys we use for airsoft
    but battery performance is affected by temperature thats why a lot of cars won't start
    in the winter
    I.L.F.O.R
    International London Forces

Airsoft-the only excuse to shoot your mates

Comment

yes it dose, hop rubbers get harder, so you get adverse hop effect which makes fps drop or raise.

Comment

The rubber seal at the front of the piston (don't know the correct name for it) gets harder in the cold, so it doesn't mould itself so well to the inside of the cylinder.

My MP001 is noticeably more powerful on hot days than cold ones.
        sigpic

Comment

as said above ,around christmas at gz urban i was loosing 20-30 fps when it was really cold.
          the hop nubs seemed to suffer the worst collapsing under the stiffer hop rubbers cured by replacing with biro refill cut to length.
          the cold will also affect the piston oring and any sealing lube in the cylinder as it thickens.
          lube wise i have stopped using the silicone abbey lube and now use the thinner stuff sold at plumbing centres, its also the same price for a pot 10 times bigger than the abbey one
          m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

As ALFER said the weather affects the rubber parts of hop up temps can also affect some metal parts as well from personal experance my maruzen L96 does'nt have the range and quite as much power it has on a normal mild day. But i have found more range (due to hop up rubbers gripping the bb better) and a little more power on a red hot day??
            ....Mark
            Warrior L96
            TM FULL STOCK M4 s-system
            A&K M249 para
            WE High Capa 5.1 GBB

Trade feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7927

Comment

my mp7 wont fire, was that cold the battery wouldn't do anything, though it was just that one but it turned out to be all 3, because when i got it home, i was about to open her up when i tryed it again with all 3 bats and it worked.

l85 had no problems cept for a dip earlyier than it should have.

ma mates springer shotgun was dipping after 10 ft!!

was a dodgy game day lol
              Originally posted by bravotwozero
              Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

No one has mentions thatair is also more dense when colder. Therefore meaning more force is used by the projectile to overcome the resistace of the air meaning a slightly shorter range.
                I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE IF I BREAK THE RULES.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
                Working...
                X