M4 Mag Identification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 Mag Identification?

Hi, I just got this mag secondhand off the forums. I purchased it as a Classic Army mid-cap, but to my understanding, this isn't Classic Army.

Its got full trades (pictured below) Can somebody identify which brand this is. Its metal, Grey and holds about 120 - 130 rounds.

Thanks for your time,

-Joe
    sigpic

Re: M4 Mag Identification?

Looks same as my cousins CA mids mate
    sigpic

Comment

Looks like someone has replaced the base plate with a real steal one . I've done the same to a mid cap

Comment

This is a picture i found online of a CA mid cap. Im happy with the mag so I'm not complaining. Im just curious as id like some more of the same brand. I like the full Colt trades.

sigpic

Comment

If the base plate is wider than the mid cap then its of a real steal stanag colt mag. Real steel mags will not fit in an aeg mag well

Comment

Originally posted by Andy8746 View Post
            If the base plate is wider than the mid cap then its of a real steal stanag colt mag. Real steel mags will not fit in an aeg mag well
            Nope. The baseplate is flush
            sigpic

Comment

You can see the baseplates been swapped out but colour is that of classic army, the baseplate tabs are slightly bent so defo swapped out.
              sigpic

Comment

Looks like its wider in the picture but will take your word . It is real steel though . Cold be the last owner has made the base of the mag wider to match .

Comment

I thought real steel mags were just longer than airsoft versions? ( minus a few to name). If theyre wider maybe he dremeled the base plate to fit?
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah i have 3 real steel mags one being a colt and they will not fit the mag well on my classic army m15 proline there to wide . To much girth

Comment

Colt are G+P trades aren't they?
                      Goes by the callsign "Iceman" to avoid confusion with the entire Delta team...

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot
                      ...changed my mind.

Putting a BB in a silencer then using it as a blowpipe. that's the best.
                      a whole 85fps!

Comment

ADDITIONAL INFO:

Something i have been looking out for in my search, is this pin on the mag (pictured below) A lot of the mags around don't have this feature. This may help some of you in identifying it. I appreciate the input already, thanks.

sigpic

Comment

Looks like you've got one of the old CA mid caps, I had one of these five or six years ago.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Franatix Just your regular student trying to find his way through this mess we call life... Find out more about Franatix
                          Working...
                          X