Systema parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systema parts

Hi all just a quick one are they any good for the price or just overrated?
    Only asked as people always bang on about systema being the dogs bollocks

Re: Systema parts

Massively overpriced and in many cases, not very durable. Honestly, I would take SHS and other ACM over them every time for almost everything. Their barrels are ok-ish, rubbers are pretty good, and turns out gearbox shell is quite nice as well, but I wouldn't pay for it, same or better results can be achieved with other parts.

They are just outdated now, maybe back in the day when there was only them and Stock parts, they could get away with their prices, but now... Same thing is currently happening with the next gen parts as well.

Comment

mind you i wouldn't mind one of there PTW

Comment

The ptw is a whole different kettle of fish, it wasnt designed for airsofters like us originally, it was mainly for training police and the like in a safe manner, until rich airsofters started to enquire about them
        sigpic

Comment

yeah i heard that before, i just some how talked myself into getting one this year as i get my pay raise soon should be nice, was thinking of one of getting one those challenge kits as their a bit cheaper

Comment

Systema can make PTWs, but they can't make AEG parts... Apart from their motors!

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

Which is really ironic as they make awsome ptws appart fom the motors

Comment

Systema = crap mate. Listen now or learn the hard way. Just because something is expensive does not mean its any good. You can achieve the same or better results with far cheaper parts...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk because I'm a bad mother...

Comment

They have the rep and long term established name, also connections... airsoft parts and there popularity is directly proportion to avialability and systema parts are very much available and at good wholesale prices.. hence a lot of airsoft shops pushing them as there go to parts.

But has been said there designs and several other companys are a little out of date, they revamped a little with there energy line up, that would be the only systema stuff id consider.

much respect to them for being the first ever aftermarket parts company though... If they would have pushed the revolution and little harder and made it more available they could have dominated.

Comment

Originally posted by Skolob View Post
                    Which is really ironic as they make awsome ptws appart fom the motors
                    I've been told the latest ones have no issues with the motors

I shall be getting a PTW later this year. Got my hand on one down the local shop not long ago, put a smile on my face and I don't like AR's that much anymore either!

Can only echo what has been said above. They have been around for years and when I started playing 8 years ago they were one of the very few companies to make spare parts. But now I wouldn't buy their parts (apart from barrels and hop rubbers) as there is much much cheaper available which is of a good quality.
                    Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's gotta have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bachelarius View Post
                      ...turns out gearbox shell is quite nice as well...
                      The "reinforced" ones many have had issues with, myself included. Fact of the matter is all the bulk is in the wrong place, and a normal TM case is as strong where it matters!

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                        The "reinforced" ones many have had issues with, myself included. Fact of the matter is all the bulk is in the wrong place, and a normal TM case is as strong where it matters!
                        It's a shame TM stopped selling GB shells and gears as spares

That or I'm not looking in the right places!

Comment

Agreed, Jag. Recently bought a parts box from here and it had a systema shell inside. On quick inspection it seemed a lot heavier and felt 'nice' but yeah, it had those silly gear reinforcement bits (why did that ever become a 'thing'?) but the front of the box seemed well enough made. Personally I don't really believe in reinforced shells. I'd say buy cheap, radius and sorbo it and you are good to go with pretty much any shell.

And Robodo, I would personally never buy TM parts as an 'upgrade', TM is stock. It is the baseline for parts and pretty much all other after market parts are equal or superior to them, due to TM's material strength. I respect TM gearboxes as a whole, they work very well as a unit due to the parts complimenting one another well, but most of the parts individually really are sub-par. Accept for the piston (not head) and tappet plate, those are nice

Comment

Originally posted by Bachelarius View Post
                            And Robodo, I would personally never buy TM parts as an 'upgrade', TM is stock. It is the baseline for parts and pretty much all other after market parts are equal or superior to them, due to TM's material strength. I respect TM gearboxes as a whole, they work very well as a unit due to the parts complimenting one another well, but most of the parts individually really are sub-par. Accept for the piston (not head) and tappet plate, those are nice
                            Agreed. I only say as back in the day I used to run all my TM's on 12V Nicads and apart from metal bushings and a 1J Spring (both systema as it happens) it was all completely tm stock. Used to last me half a dozen games perhaps before a gear/piston went. Slap a new gear/piston in and away I went again. I loved the shimming diagrams you used to get with marui gears (if memory serves). Tolerances were so good you didn't need to mess around too long with re-shimming etc.

At least you can still buy a TM piston

Comment

The new 2012 version had been put on hold due to the motors being crap and the suPplier going just of something !

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

XxB4K3RxX Hi I'm James and I'm 22 years young and i love airsofting, skating and surfing, could say i just love being outside. Find out more about XxB4K3RxX
                              Working...
                              X