Are there any decent XM8 Rifles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any decent XM8 Rifles?

Out of curiosity, are they any good XM8's out there? I've googled, but I keep coming up with rather rubbish models like BE. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks a lot.

Re: Are there any decent XM8 Rifles?

There's not many. In fact I think it's only the GWS kit which is any good. I have one for sale (link in my signature below) but it needs some work done to it.

Thanks
    Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

as taylor said the only way to get a good XM8 is to create one using the GWS kit which is about £200 on its own

then you need to buy a TM g36c for internals

- and ye check out taylors - needs a bit of work but at that price you can make a very good XM8 - his is also unique that is has a working red dot sight - send all thanks to rockdelta for getting his skilful craftsmanship with the red dot

the GWS kit is very strong and very high quality plastic not like the china crap
      |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

still a fugly gun, regardless of quality though! goes to show you cant polish a turd! lol

Comment

The SRC is meant to be very good but could be tricky finding them outside the US.

Comment

each to their own mad

it isnt THAT fugly, tbh its the comfiest gun ive ever used! - and its rather good in real life
            |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

yeh, great ergos, light weight, integrated red dot/IR laser, piston driven, modular designe AND it can be fired one handed on full auto with little to no muzzle lift!
              Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

Shame US military politics got in the way, as if it had been adopted, we would be seeing Airsoft versions form pretty much every AEG manufacturer under the rising sun and then some.

Still, it pushed assault rifle developement into overdrive as soon as every real steel company discovered the US were potentially looking for an M4 replacement. Biggest example being the MASADA/ACR goodness.

Back on topic, I almost bought a GWS XM8 in OD with Tm internals last year for a ridiculously low price, I am now very disappointed I turned it down in the end.
                "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Utrinque Paratus Find out more about Utrinque Paratus
                Working...
                X