Keeping your gun clean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping your gun clean

hey, just thought, am I the only airsofter who constantly makes sure their inner barrel is squeaky clean and the bolt is cycling smoothly? basically giving your gun tlc like every day because I always run a bit of dry cloth down my barrel to make sure its all clean every other day/ every week. I'm a sniper as well if this makes any difference lol, let me know your cleaning habits on your gun, all the best,
    steven
    Originally posted by Coz
    If you fart, take a chrono reading
    Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle.

Certa Cito

Re: Keeping your gun clean

Nope, generally do it between the games of the day

Comment

I personally always clean my barrels after every game and on my MP5 I always check the pinion gear ,but I never clean my guns externals as I believe that they look better when they are all dusty and dirty (to some exstent).

The way I clean my barrel is:
      Step 1) Get a king size cigarette filter , spray it with silicone spray and spray some down the barrel as well.
      Step 2) Push the filter down the barrel (with a rod) until it reaches the hopup.
      Step 3) Shoot the gun which will shoot the filter out of the barrel .
      Step 4) Repeat step 1-3 with the same filter.
      Step 5) Do step 2-3 but with a dry filter which dries out the barrel.
      Step 6) Repeat step 5 until barrel is dry.
      Job done .
      Last edited by SAS Scott; 20 January, 2012, 23:57.

Comment

Is this you?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZHqafQpA5g

Comment

I personally like to field strip it

take it into the garden

drink 2 litres of water

and p!ss all over my gun and parts hell i like to play pee archery with the barrel and try to create a perfect flume

Comment

i tend to use a cleaning rod

on a new gun i measure how long the barrell is to the hopup then get some cloth with a tiny bit of silicone on and use that the clean it and then dry it. I need to clean my gun actually...must do it 2morrow!

job done

SASScott, doesnt that actually do damage to the gun?

Comment

Originally posted by Dwarfy View Post
              i tend to use a cleaning rod

on a new gun i measure how long the barrell is to the hopup then get some cloth with a tiny bit of silicone on and use that the clean it and then dry it. I need to clean my gun actually...must do it 2morrow!

job done

Quicker just using a rod and some kind of materiel on the end

Comment

thats what i meant lol, cleaning rod with some cloth on

Comment

Originally posted by Dwarfy View Post
                  SASScott, doesnt that actually do damage to the gun?
                  It doesn't , I have been doing it for 3 years and I have not damaged a single barrel..
                  Originally posted by Andy8746 View Post
                  Quicker just using a rod and some kind of materiel on the end
                  Yeah it may be quicker but it wont clean the barrel as good , using a my technique and cigarette filters cleans off almost all the dirt and crap in the barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by SAS Scott View Post
                    It doesn't , I have been doing it for 3 years and I have not damaged a single barrel..

Yeah it may be quicker but it wont clean the barrel as good , using a my technique and cigarette filters cleans off almost all the dirt and crap in the barrel.
                    This is because a mod told you this a year our so ago that its the best solution . If i remember correctly he did it because its quicker not because it better . Guess all the instruction manuals on using a rod and cloth our all wrong be it real steal and airsoft because you say it does a better job . If you get the rite thickness of cloth and twist the rod as you pull it out then your going to clean it well .

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                      no lol I guess I just get paranoid about having a dirty barrel/hop up because I let them get dirty once and my gun fired about 50 feet and that would be pushing it but iw now fires 150~
                      Originally posted by Coz
                      If you fart, take a chrono reading
                      Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle.

Certa Cito

Comment

My pistols, which are gas, get regular maintenance, about weekly they're checked to see whether they need more lubricant/sealant, and the mags are always kept with a little gas in them, the externals are also cleaned about monthly too. My AEGs require quite a lot less maintenance, but every few games I'll thoroughly clean the barrel, by stripping it, removing the hop and thoroughly polishing in the usual way, and my gearboxes rarely stay together all that long, so they're constantly being re-lubed and checked too.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

stevensniper I prefer to take my time and be accurate in airsoft, but sometimes you can't beat a good ol' rush ;) Find out more about stevensniper
                        Working...
                        X