posting airsoft rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• posting airsoft rifles

im thinking of selling my vfc scar,as i live in northern ireland i would more than likely have to post it.is it still possible to post aegs?

Re: posting airsoft rifles

Yes it is.

You can post via Recorded (Signed For) or Special Delivery through Royal Mail. Also you can post through parcelforce, whom offer both a 24hr and 48hr service. There are other services such as UPS. The choice is yours, however I would recommend Parcelforce if you do not want to insure over £100, otherwise Special Delivery.

Beware that you need to select a service that covers your gun (ie insurance).

Insurance:

- Signed For (Up to £39)
    - Special Delivery (Up to £500)
    - Parcelforce (up to £100, but can be extended)

Make sure your gun is WELL packaged as they can go through the wars on their way to their destination. With parcelforce you can easily arrange the whole thing on their website. They will arrange a time to pick the gun up from your house, and you just hand them the package (pay online).

Edit: If you are new to selling, it is often a good idea to post your sales thread in the 'Appraisals' forum first. Here you will get an accurate estimate of what you sale is worth.
    Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

i was thinking of the vcra bill,would the gun be confiiscated on its way.or would it be ok.
      is it up to the person recieving to sort that out?

Comment

it is very rare packages are checked unless looking suspicious if you want to be extra secure putting your ukara details down might help if the package is checked

Comment

No it would be fine... Not many postage companies scan parcels, I know for a fact Royal Mail don't...

Remember that soon there's a postal strike.

I'd avoid ParcelForce - they're unreliable, don't post on saturdays and have poor excuses when packages are lost (which is much more frequent than that of Royal Mail - who are also cheaper).

You've not said about second class postage...

If you go on RM's website, you can print out a postage label, and use any delivery method. It doesn't have to be a recorded signed for package, there's still Second Class, Standard Parcels and 1st class.

Anyway you shouldn't have any problems - as long as it's in a square box and doesn't look inconspicuous, then you'll be fine!

EDIT - putting UKARA details doesn't do much as the Police don't know what UKARA is, neither do postage companies. I'd recommend a box - with a piece of paper stating "Airsoft Toy Gun", then having this all wrapped in a few bin bags and sealed.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

its not your ukara details you need to put down, its the buyers.

Comment

Thanks for the info gaffa, In my experience parcelforce has been fine for me, but it's mixed reviews. I think it may just come down to where you live/your local place and how good they are.
              Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

parcel force are great..i use them all the time and have shipped a few guns to Ireland..but there postage has gone up and over 50 pounds of insurance you have to pay more
                sigpic

Comment

i bought a M249 from N.I and it was sent via parcel force when i got it the gun had been bent quite abit but luckily managed to get it back straight. just make sure you wrap it up good
                  Originally posted by dan
                  Chuck Norris once shot a plane down by pointing at it and shouting bang.

Comment

i think some people think that parcel force are the same as RM, i was speaking to someone at airsofting 2 weeks ago, he said he posted a gun by what was RM which arrived damaged and was slating parcel force, so i explained the difference,

would this be anything to do with the mixed reviews?

i've never ever had a problem with parcel force.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dmk35 Find out more about dmk35
                    Working...
                    X