Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing paint?

Hi guys

I've noticed that my stock has been painted black with croylin. And the color under is coyote brown. Which would look.better on my gun.

Now is there any way of removing the black with out damaging the CB under it?

Since

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    sigpic

Re: Removing paint?

If they're the same type of paint then no, and even if they're not then probably not anyway, sorry. You could just strip all the paint then re-spray yourself though, would probably be easier.

Comment

If it was originally CB then a spray of mr muscle oven cleaner left on for ten minutes then rinsed under a warm tap will get it off, if the stock was painted as well, then no. Best bet would be to strip it back and respray with either model master enamel spray paint or krylon but you would need to spray with a primer first as krylon can sometimes bobble and run on plastic surfaces.

Comment

Alternatively, you can strip paint off plastic by soaking it in Dettol for a day or so.

Comment

Yeah the stock was CB originally then someone's painted it black. I shall get some Mr muscle and give it ago. It won't effect the CB will it?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
          sigpic

Comment

Possibly, possible not. Iv used fairy power spray to strip paint off stuff. Some plastics are ok, some go discoloured or fade slightly. Just take your time and be careful and you *should* be ok.
            Honor before Victory

Comment

could you be more specific on the mr muscle oven cleaner? which one lol went down tesco earlier,

ive read theres a fairy power spray that does the same?
              sigpic

Comment

Any oven cleaning spray will do, they all have pretty much the same chemicals in, just make sure you completely rinse it off afterwards and if there's any paint left just re apply and leave on again for another ten minutes.

Don't use kitchen surface cleaners, they don't do the same job and can discolour plastic.

Comment

this the stuff you suggest then buddy?
                  sigpic

Comment

Nice choice, exactly the job fella, it will foam up nicely and the oxidising agent will react with the paint and make it bubble and peel off.

Comment

hope so both my stocks have been painted but im just going to do it to one i think, plus the oven needs a clean >_> haha

cheers guys ill post up the results

si
                      sigpic

Comment

well i have started... its taking ages! lol there must be a lot of layers, how long can i leave the mr muscle on for max??

si
                        sigpic

Comment

About an hour is the longest I left it on.

Comment

will it take off a layer at a time? i left it about half an hour and then one layer had gone wrinkly and wiped off
                            sigpic

Comment

well here is the result!
                              before

after :D
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

desolation91 Simon Find out more about desolation91
                              Working...
                              X