'Dun busted me stock'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Dun busted me stock'

So while messing around I managed to sheer the acrylic pin that keeps the stock in position... http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...96935895_n.jpg

So does this happen often?
    I am resigned to the fact that it is no longer a sliding stock. But on the off chance that someone knows how to pull that pin out could you let me know?

So this now leads to my actual question:
    on real guns, what material do they use as a pin to keep the stock from sliding closed as the gun recoils? because it must have some pretty aggressive treatment, and you never hear of stocks sliding down as someone fires?
    I know it would be overkill for an airsoft gun to have the same setup, but would a real gun stock fit a gbb m4?

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Re: 'Dun busted me stock'

With the current Airsoft stock tube design , I see no reason why it shouldnt.. May have to get me one of those M4 stocks :D But you can bet your life that your looking £50 + for one.

It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
    Plato
    ( Anyone with a chrome TM Desert Eagle PM me now !)

Comment

Originally posted by Kieron View Post
      With the current Airsoft stock tube design , I see no reason why it shouldnt.. May have to get me one of those M4 stocks :D But you can bet your life that your looking £50 + for one.
      cheers but meh I cba with £50+ for a stock especially as i prefer folding, just a shame you can't get them on m4 gbbs.
      Also can i just note that your signature is amazing!

Comment

Pair of needle nose pliers and you should be able to get hold of the pin or spring, they're easy enough to replace I've had mine snap on a few guns, strangely enough the one that's lasted the longest was an ACM one.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew March View Post
          Pair of needle nose pliers and you should be able to get hold of the pin or spring, they're easy enough to replace I've had mine snap on a few guns, strangely enough the one that's lasted the longest was an ACM one.
          cheers for that ... as it happens I took a closer look to see if my pliers would fit and there is a square metal plate that holds the spring in. so it's just a case of sliding that out and the whole gubbins drops out too.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bobfish Find out more about bobfish
          Working...
          X