Fixed 10x power optics for airsoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixed 10x power optics for airsoft

Ive had plenty of experience with glass in real steel shooting and airsoft but it has always been variable power, i was wondering if anyone has used a fixed 10 power optic on their sniper rifle

is it too much?

does it cause issues when your targets come too close?

give us the low down, if its too much hassle then ill start looking back at variable power

Re: Fixed 10x power optics for airsoft

Chances are at 10x magnification, the bb will have dropped long before the scope becomes any use whatsoever, you probably wont even see where your bbs are falling. Personally Ive found somewhere between 3-6x power is best for airsoft ranges.

Comment

I dunno :/ considering i just watched someone shoot a air rifle 21 yards away with a mtc viper 10x44 scope :/

will have to look into it

Might just do away with it all and forget fancy tactical reset to zero turrets and what not and just get a leupold VX1 optic, best glass you can get for the money

oor maybe a hawke sidewinder 4.5-14x38 for similar price hmmm
      Last edited by LtPurcy; 23 January, 2012, 00:44.

Comment

I've got an NC-Star 3-9x42 which I like. I tend to leave it at around 4x zoom. Anything else is impractical for airsoft use, except if used as a spotting scope. For actual shooting it doesn't work that well.

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...t-Scope-Review!!!

Comment

10x is a total waste of time. You'll be better off firing instinctively.

Basically, at 10x mag. you are going to be lucky to even get a BB dropping into the field of view of the scope, let alone anywhere near the reticule.

3-4x is the absolute highest I will go, even though all the scopes I have are 3-10x...

Comment

I shoot HFT at national level and have also competed at world champ level, we mostly use 10x for this disaplin. We shoot targets as close as 8yds and out to 45yds, part of the rules is you cannot adjust your scope in anyway after the first shot has been taken ie set the PX to what you want and set the zoom to what you want then shoot the entire course on these settings.
            What you need to have above all else (apart from reticle choice) is your depth of field, basically you need a scope with a small objective lense and then have a play with the parallax to achieve the best results. For Airsoft ranges, set the PX to be blurred at 25yds (then you know just by looking that that's the minimum engagement distance). The rest of the ranges should be relatively clear. Another cheap alternative that works well is a Hawk airmax with the MAP6 reticle the 2-7x32px is also a cracker for less than £50.

Comment

I have a ncs 6-24x50 and the max ive ever had is 12x on my airsoft rifle,but ive had further on my air rifle as i swap them over

Comment

Just my opinion but I reckon a 10x magnification scope is way too high a magnification for airsoft. I've played sniper just fine with a 3x magnification scope.
                For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
                Check out my other sales!

Comment

Rubi Tong has a very valid point however you guys are right, in theory Rubi tong is correct in the sense if you used air rifles etc but yeah airsoft the BB will drop off and youll not see were its gone or you will..for a split second.

anyway i know what optic set up im going now anyway so thanks for the opinion guys

Comment

Originally posted by rubi-tong View Post
                    I shoot HFT at national level and have also competed at world champ level, we mostly use 10x for this disaplin. We shoot targets as close as 8yds and out to 45yds, part of the rules is you cannot adjust your scope in anyway after the first shot has been taken ie set the PX to what you want and set the zoom to what you want then shoot the entire course on these settings.
                    What you need to have above all else (apart from reticle choice) is your depth of field, basically you need a scope with a small objective lense and then have a play with the parallax to achieve the best results. For Airsoft ranges, set the PX to be blurred at 25yds (then you know just by looking that that's the minimum engagement distance). The rest of the ranges should be relatively clear. Another cheap alternative that works well is a Hawk airmax with the MAP6 reticle the 2-7x32px is also a cracker for less than £50.
                    good post.

4x32 is what I use.
                    Originally posted by Coz
                    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

LtPurcy Im awesome Find out more about LtPurcy
                    Working...
                    X