Gun weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun weight

Here's a question that's been bugging me for ages - what's the ideal weight for a typcial gun for airsofting?

I use a marui M14 socom and even though its heavier than most AEGs Ive come across it give me that nice balance of realism verses usability.

Thing is I'm knackered after running about with it all day so it may be time to swap out to something lighter
    'Only a few men manage most would dream of'

Re: Gun weight

It's going to differ between every individual's preference.

Some people like their guns kitted out to the max with rails/scopes/launchers.

Others, like me, prefer the simple, minimalist appearance.

I wouldn't like to lug an Assault Rifle around that weighs over 3.5kg, though.
    "They love it, they do, they love it"

Comment

Down to personal preference i suppose.

Some people might just want a light manoeuvrable gun, others a realistic weight.

I like mine to have a bit of weight on it, but light enough to run around with all day.
      Been using AK's recently and i find them slightly annoyingly too heavy to use without a sling. Especially the weight distribution.
      Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

As close to the weight of the real thing in my book.

My M14 has a full wood stock, bipod and a massive scope. It weighs in at nearly 6kg and I'm still OK with that for a full day in the woods. If I can manage this in my mid-40s with arthritis in one hip and both shoulders, then you youngsters should be able to cope with a 3kg M4 for a few hours!
        sigpic

Comment

My m16 is tipping the scales at 6.3kg,
          And the 36k is around 4kg.
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

for me as i am personally getting heavier over the years ive noticed that my guns n loadouts are getting lighter
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I like to be light and mobile so I generally go for smaller plastic bodied guns. Currently use a P90, MP5K and a tri shot shottie. Only gun with any weight is my TM M16A1 VN but that's only for my 'Nam loudout and being TM it isn't that heavy anyway.

I'm not one for hiding behind a tree trunk with my big gun resting on it, I'm more into running at you screaming!!

Comment

My HK416 with its bare essentials setup (Aimpoint and a flashlight) weighs in at 3kg on the dot, can happily run with that all day. My MP5 is considerably lighter, about 2kg with an Aimpoint T1 and flashlight foregrip.

Weight doesn't really bother me too much but the size has got to be proportionate to the weight really. My old ARES SCAR-H weighed a total tonne with nothing on it, far more than my full metal M16 with RIS, flashlight and ACOG and a 4300mah in the stock.

Never hurts to shave off a few grams when possible though, so I always use plastic midcaps. When you carry about 8-10 midcaps on you, using plastic over metal ones can save you carrying an extra kilo or so.
                Last edited by grey; 24 January, 2012, 17:10.

Comment

My AEG is usually quite light (Aorund 3kg) but the 5 or so pistols on me soon add up.

Comment

As close to real weight as possible for me every time. I don't think (for me at least) it would feel right if it wasn't.
                    Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
                    Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Both my guns clock about the 3.5-4 kg mark. Never had an issue with them being "heavy" really. And they are as near to real weight as you can really get.

Comment

Systema TW5 with rs sliding stock and full loadout of steel 40 round mags weighs an absolute tonne. Thats supposed to be a lightweight SMG set up...

Comment

Recently brought my ICS L86 upto the RS weight of 6.58kg (unloaded) and my L85A2 up to 4.5kg (unloaded). Including their SUSATs. I'm a weed too, yet manage perfectly fine with my L86 all day!

Looking now to get a micro SMG to carry as well as a CQB back up!
                          sigpic

Comment

I prefer full metal for the more realistic weight.

BUT I stopped using my SPR Mod0 because of the weight. Great when it was on its bipod but much Too long and too front heavy for running around. Just stopped being fun.

My mainstay is a mostly metal MP5. Heavy enough but small and compact. Nicely balanced its fun to use.

The last 2 games I've used a TM P90TR... even more fun but a little too light to feel "realistic"

Comment

My STG weighs about 4.5 kilos with a mag in, I have no troubles carting it around and i'm a scrawny mofo. I do much prefer having heavy guns than light ones though, light ones don't feel right to me.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Shadowstalker Find out more about Shadowstalker
                              Working...
                              X