NEW G&P M7A1 issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW G&P M7A1 issues?

My new G&P m7a1 troy arrived today and there are a couple of things I am not sure are correct or normal for these guns.
    First the mag is quite loose and wobbly (standard m16 m4 type)
    Second the charging handle is quite smooth to pull back and the fake bolt stay's back so you can adjust the hop but it is
    quite hard an rough feeling to push back to the closed position.
    Third the bolt cover can't be closed because the catch hit's the fake bolt before it can latch.
    Can any one tell me if these things are normal?

thank's john

Re: NEW G&P M7A1 issues?

The bolt cover is normal on the new G&P rifles, that large catch is for GBB/RS rifles where there is enough room to press the dust cover closed.

Ive heard that some of the G&P magwells are a bit loose so i dont think thats a fault of your individual gun.

Not sure on the charging handle/fake bolt situation, iirc all the aeg's ive handled with fake bolts have been a smooth pull and release so something may be binding inside

Comment

It does feel like something is binding, I will split it and have a look.

I am going to get some different mags as well, if they are the same I will have to try and shim the magwell some how as this is
      the most annoying thing for me, its a shame as the rest of the rifle is very nice.

Thanks for your help

regards john

Comment

It does feel like something is binding, I will split it and have a look.

I am going to get some different mags as well, if they are the same I will have to try and shim the magwell some how as this is
        the most annoying thing for me, its a shame as the rest of the rifle is very nice.

Thanks for your help

regards john

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

john d Find out more about john d
        Working...
        X