Battery help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery help?

At the minute I'm running a 9.6v 2200mah crane stock battery in my ics m4. I want to get rid of the crane stock for a thinner one like the Ctr or magpul pts Moe, so I'm going to have to change my battery.
    I'm going to go lipo because I can get them in the stock tube, so i started to do some research and openned a massive can of worms which are eatting my brains!!
    I always thought bigger the better, but read some where this is not the case.
    So what's the best option high v or high mah or is it just the quality of the batt? :s

If this post don't make sense I apologise, my heads fryed from 2days of reading about batterys
    Please reply in a noob friendly manor lol

Cheers

Re: Battery help?

Better in what way?

In general mah is the length of life, and v is the power. But... high mah contributes towards to power.

With lipo you get a C rating which is how quickly that power can be delivered. It's not quite as simple as this, but think of C as the single shot speed. How quick it can start up.

Comment

Re: Battery help?

If you want something that will increase your rof and trigger response, get a 11.1v 1200mah 20c, Firefox are good. Ics actively promote their gearboxes (split type) can take these without modification.
      If you don't want to take the risk get a 7.4v 1200mah 20c Firefox. Get about 3 and they'll last you a weekender!!
      Originally posted by Artekus
      It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ProPain Find out more about ProPain
      Working...
      X