• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft X Training

Hey shooters,

Check out this video

http://www.airsoftkb.com/2012/01/28/airsoft-x-training/
    The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Re: Airsoft X Training

sorry if this is in the wrong section.
    The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

No. I don't want to check out the video.

Comment

The original if anyone's not seen it yet (been out a little while now):

At the very least it's a good insight in to how some of the live firing professionals/shooting community interact with the airsoft one. It also thoroughly shut-up a lot of the Range Commandos over in the states who previously spent all their time just trolling airsoft videos calling us 'fags' for not having real weapons. Also, I just really enjoyed the video overall, seeing Travis utilising two rifles that look exactly the same until the trigger gets pulled is pretty damn cool to my mind.

Say whatever you want about Mr Haley's previous employment, he's forwarding our cause in a highly professional and widely publicised manner. That does nothing but good things for airsoft as a whole and the outside world's impression of airsoft players.
        REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

I agree with the above post by Mr CKinnerley, seeing a professional of his calibre using an Airsoft "Toy" has got to be good news. Even his past employment (pre Magpul) was over shadowed by "the few ruining the reputation of the many"
          In my eyes at least, he's a top fella for pushing the use of an Airsoft weapon as a crossover training aid for the realsteel shooters.
          Brilliant (and arn't his weapons the best looking weapons you've ever seen!) top man.

Comment

You would be surprised at the amount of UK Forces personnel who have never even seen an AK in the flesh, let alone had hands-on. The vast majority of personnel have only ever used the L85 IW... and not even a pistol. If they had to pick up a foreign weapon and use it in anger they'd likely get wasted during the 'duhh' period.

Replicas at the very least give you familiarity with different weapon systems in terms of layout.

Comment

@Panoptes - I definitely agree with you, as a result of airsoft I know how to operate an M4 (although after being trained on the real L85a2 it's kind of a bit simpler really), and could probably rapidly learn how to use any other firearm.

However this is not always true, I once was introduced to an airsoft L85a1 on which the bolt release and parts holding open device did the other's function - that would mess you up in a live fire situation!
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I've not tried it in order to be 100% certain, but the holding-open catch and the bolt release are both linked by an internal frame. It'd be awkward as hell but I think that could would on the real rifle.

L85s aside, a correctly functioning airsoft weapon can (as pantopes said) definitely teach you the basics of how to operate most firearms. Even if the ctonrols don't actually do anything on an AEG, if you know where the safety/selector controls are, how to insert/remove a magazine and how to cock the bolt then that's the necessities covered; triggers are pretty self-explanatory. An airsoft gun can teach all of those things, as well as enable you to build muscle memory for reloads and other actions and hone your grip technique.
                REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

G33m4N Find out more about G33m4N
                Working...
                X