starship troopers gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starship troopers gun

so starship troopers was on tv and i've always wanted that gun they use =) i fancy making one (got noting better to do and i want a project) so what could be used to make it? dad said it might be an AUG, but what do you lot think might be a good base gun?

awaits flames

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Re: starship troopers gun

check out movie guns mate you should find details on there

Comment

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Starship_Troopers

Comment

looks like a bull pup type rifle a famas or sa80 or a type 97 should be close and looks like a pump action shot gun slung underneath

Comment

The main issue I can see is where would the gearbox fit.
          The only thing I can think of is an AEP gearbox, as they're set up to work at right angles from the barrel - unless you can get something like this I think you'd struggle to get a gearbox in the "realistic" space (and even then the motor would be a pain).
          You might end up having to lengthen the stock and take a bit off the front to make it feasible in skirmish terms.

The spec ops Mk1 looks like it might have a bit more space in it's canon dimensions - would also be a bit more of a reasonable length :P

Comment

The movie gun was the Ruger mini 14, mounted in molded plastic body.

Comment

hmm my google-fu needs training thanks for the link. so its made with a stockless m14 hmmm should be fun to make cheeres

Comment

Ruger Mini-14/AC-556 rifles with with an underslung Ithaca 37 shotgun.

Ruger mini-14 is not an M14, its a much smaller platform, but you would probably be able to hide in resin. How ever your mags wouldn't look realistic as the mini-14 is .223(5.56)
                "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
                Life in the fast lane........
                sigpic

Comment

It has a very similar back end to the type 97 bullpup.

Compared to

Not a huge amount of difference.
                  But I suppose for the film the Chinese were unwilling to give them away as movie props.
                  section 24 of the 1968 Act
                  Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                  1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

OMFG, this browser f**kin sucks, double posts all the time.
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

if it looks like it its fine sure i can mould the mags to look like it . its only going to be "in its image" not exact replica. now to find a donor gun XD

Comment

Looks like M4 style mags with a plastic moulded bit on the outside of it.

Comment

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Ruger_Mini-14 ... i actuly like the looks of this mini 14 more i look at it the more i want it

Comment

The prop weapon like mentioned before was a ruger mini 14 not a m14 . The mini 14 was chambered for the 5.56 that's why the mags look the same as an stanag m4 mag . The 97 would be ideal. But you could also use the gbb ruger 1022 .

Comment

but a 1022 isnt bullpup is it??
                              the ruger m14 is the thing the a-team use in the tv show isnt it?? the rifle they use that they can never hit anyone with
                              Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

meddy CBA to spell correctly as this is the internet and not a school or a court of law. Find out more about meddy
                              Working...
                              X