Which of my collection shall I use to educate my societies rookie players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of my collection shall I use to educate my societies rookie players

Hey guys, heading back to Uni tomorrow, just wondering what your opinion was on which of my collection I should take to show my rookie members, obviously i don't have that much space. Do you think a variation of AEG's (budget models and prolines) or a mix of AEG's, bolt action sniper, gas shotgun, gas pistols would be a better option? Want to keep my members interested so don't want to limit their overview of what is avaliable, however I don't want to give them the impression that the best thing to buy is a spring sniper rifle or gas shotgun as a first buy. Cheers
    www.youtube.com/accessairsoft

Re: Which of my collection shall I use to educate my societies rookie players

Bit of a mix mate, might have to make the *long drive and have a nose ;L.
    Just explain everything fully, and UKARA. Dont let them break your site* with two tones

Edit: no idea why i wrote short...
    And i sortof skip read your sig and thought you were the guy from reading uni :s
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Take a majority of stuff that they would be potentially be buying. No real point showing off the cool expensive stuff when they won't be buying or using any of that kit. AEGs and pistols mainly
      Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

One of each type would be best... If you haft to take an aeg take the budget one and then when you tell them the price they might be tempted to start themselfs...
        Just tell them that the best starter guns are AEGs and later on once your are more experienced you can move onto stuff like sniper rifles..

Comment

Selection definitely!

It's a well known fact that newbies are most impressed by....

- Stupidly long weapons
          - Stupidly fast weapons
          - Stupidly heavy weapons
          - Realistic weapons
          - Anything they seen in a movie

Sniper Rifles and shotties (if gas!) will go down a treat.

When first showed my mates from work, they'd all seen full size SMG's before, but springers. So the weight and ROF on mine is what peaked the interest!

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
            Selection definitely!

It's a well known fact that newbies are most impressed by....

- Stupidly long weapons
            - Stupidly fast weapons
            - Stupidly heavy weapons
            - Realistic weapons
            - Anything they seen in a movie

Sniper Rifles and shotties (if gas!) will go down a treat.

When first showed my mates from work, they'd all seen full size SMG's before, but springers. So the weight and ROF on mine is what peaked the interest!
            Ah i see, that must be how i convinced so many people to come, its stupidly long.
            (dont you dare take that out of context.)
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Just take your budget aegs, and a few pistols....if there genuinely interested they'd be rocking springer rifles trying to get every kill they can!
              First time i played I was given a TM AK and a hicap full of beebs. That...is Airsoft in its purest form...if they don't appreciate it for its pure basics....they best stick to COD!!
              You'll find that someone is a total gunwhore would appreciate the variety of weapons, but the people who want to play, don't give a fluck what gun they have, just who they are pointing the business end to!
              Originally posted by Artekus
              It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

Cheers guys, decided i'm taking two flashy rifles, two gas pistols and some budget AEG's (cyma's and jg's) as these will be what I recommend they get themselves (if i can't secure University hire gun funding) Taking a sniper purely because we are going to be playing Woodland mainly at the start and leaving the shotgun, I can see one or two misreading a tri-shot or gas shotgun as effective for woodland and being disappointed! I will however mention them. My main focus will be drilling into them about eye protection and honesty whilst playing, I think if drilled from the start it may create a well disciplined and safe team! Then if they are good i'll let them touch my guns, haha!
                www.youtube.com/accessairsoft

Comment

First 2 guns I brought down with me when I moved to shared accomodation were my A&K M249 and Cyma RPK, prior to me coming they didnt know bb guns extended beyond the £10 springers from market stands :D :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

josh426 Check out my airsoft channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/AccessAirsoft Find out more about josh426
                  Working...
                  X