Sniper rifle fad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper rifle fad

Thinking of joining it, is anyone aware of a reliable 8mm snipers rifle, if so do you know pros/cons against the 6mm. Price isn't too much of an issue on this as its only an idea brewing at present.

Cheers
    E

Re: Sniper rifle fad

As far as im aware they are not any 8mm Sniper rifles but only ww2 rifles like the garand

ok i lie they are 8mm rifles

the VFC m82a1..good luck buying that

Comment

8mm would actually be a disadvantage in a sniper rifle.
      /9 out.

Comment

Oh, how so?
        Not that i don't believe you.

Comment

Hang on ill copy pasta a guide about it 2 secs

*2 seconds later*

I can't see 8mm sniper rifles being too impressive though, at least not over 120ft or so. I had an 8mm Marushin shotty for a bit, the BBs felt lighter than the 6mm ones (just because they were less dense) and I wasn't overly impressed with their performance past 140ft.
          8mm are simply less dense than heavier 6mm BBs... It's not hard to work out that 8mm won't perform as well as 6mm at longer ranges, due to air resistance. Someone posted an airsoft ballistics writeup a while ago with hard numbers to prove it, so I'm not just talking out of my ass.

Comment

Most sites don't allow 8mm BB's either, or the sites I've played at don't.

Comment

i do believe the ballistics of 8mm would indeed be inferior.

best sticking with 6mm mate - its been proven to work well for years

mac
              Originally posted by Coz
              Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

the 8mm mite be nice but the 6mm are so nice and easily used mate the 6mm bbs are precision made and perfectly sprhrical but the 8mm tend to dip n flatten easily so steer clear mate

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
                  i do believe the ballistics of 8mm would indeed be inferior.

best sticking with 6mm mate - its been proven to work well for years

mac
                  This.

You'd counteract any benefit from the heavier round with the fact they have a significantly bigger surface area. Bigger area, more drag. More drag, less range.
                  /9 out.

Comment

i can see why you might think an 8mm bb would be better but it would be even more awomse if it were in a 203. but like billy said certain sites dont allow them

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ells Find out more about Ells
                    Working...
                    X