in need of advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in need of advice

ok i want to move up form the jing gongs i have to more better and reliable airsoft weapons but on the other side i like the look feel and blow back action of my mates AGM M4A1 gbb ,BUT i want to know firstly are thay good and what upgrade do thay need and

i have £150-£200 next week ( done loads of over time ) and i want to know what BRANDS and models of guns i get for that price that are prefalby not cheep Chinese makes

Re: in need of advice

If blockback does not fuss you then have you considered an ICS MP5 from zeroone as they offer good rates?

Comment

yea i am gonna buy form z1 , thay don't suck like some other shops

Comment

So an MP5 is an option but you could also get a Marui M16 or even go for Ares' guns

Comment

i need a gun with some heft , so im not a fan on the old TM

Comment

Definately go for an ICS. Metal bodies, Genius hop design in the m4's, Great reliability, and the split gearbox solves most of the problems of the v2 gearbox, they're a dream to work on! I used to use jing gong, dboys, but since ive gone ICS, i wouldnt dream of going back! One downside is that *some* aftermarket accessories like stocks arent compatable, you have to get ics specific ones (or in some cases, real steel ones) but this shouldnt really be a problem

Dom

Please see this thread, as well as iTrader, for trader feedback!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26651

Comment

in my opion yeh ics are good, but the fact they make everything different so you carnt use all them lovely accessories out that is a pain. the amount of work to get like a ris on your mp5 is stupid. personly, get something from the top end makes, like king arms, G&G, VFC ect ect

Comment

Originally posted by MadMax View Post
                in my opion yeh ics are good, but the fact they make everything different so you carnt use all them lovely accessories out that is a pain. the amount of work to get like a ris on your mp5 is stupid. personly, get something from the top end makes, like king arms, G&G, VFC ect ect
                +1 on what madmax says
                just did some work on a mates ICS mp5 and it was a total pain in the ass, for what should have been on any other gun a straight swap out,
                main prob with ICS is consistancy-M4's might be the DB's but other guns differ dramaticaly-esspecially in quality.

i know you said you wernt a fan of TM but as another option, i have a G3 SAS with sliding stock and although its mostly plastic its got a fair bit of weight to it and you can add a few bits to it aswell.
                thats my tupence worth,
                cheers rich
                'so long, and thanks for all the fish'

Comment

ICS is a good brand,I got that one as my firs gun and the quality is very good. Most of the gun are metal body. However the only one thing I dont like about ICS gun is the battary box attatched to the front barrel....Unlike other gun,the battary hide in the stock which you wont be able to see it
                  I will shoot you all.

Comment

you could get an ics m4.

one of my first / proper decent guns was an ics m4,
                    loved it,reliable,the build quality was excellent.

looked and felt real.

but ...i am a large gent and it looked like a toy in my arms,.
                    so when i the sa80 [star] came out i got one and never looked back.

would an option be sell the cheap chinese guns or a couple and
                    put that to a gun as well.hense opening a larger buyers market for you.?.

what ever you buy.shop around.some places are cheaper than others.
                    if not most now price match.so buy wisely .

Comment

Originally posted by homer-side View Post
                      you could get an ics m4.

one of my first / proper decent guns was an ics m4,
                      loved it,reliable,the build quality was excellent.

looked and felt real.

but ...i am a large gent and it looked like a toy in my arms,.
                      so when i the sa80 [star] came out i got one and never looked back.

would an option be sell the cheap chinese guns or a couple and
                      put that to a gun as well.hense opening a larger buyers market for you.?.

what ever you buy.shop around.some places are cheaper than others.
                      if not most now price match.so buy wisely .
                      i have the same problem beeing 6"3', i wouldnt go for the sa80 dew to my hate of the bullpup

Comment

lol . im 6" 4 and its the perfect choice for me.
                        we all have diff choices and when i first got the gun i didn,t like
                        the mag reload etc.
                        but now i find it easier than an m4.

good luck and hope you find the gun that suits you.
                        have you thought about a g36 or a support weapon.[m249].

Comment

Originally posted by Jumping scotty View Post
                          If blockback does not fuss you then have you considered an ICS MP5 from zeroone as they offer good rates?
                          Like he said,ics mp5 is selling at z1 for reasonable price and the quality of the gun is very good full metal

Comment

i find the mp5 too small . especialy for a larger person,
                            [ev1 keeps pushing the mp5 from z1 ,lol you on commission.].

it depends as well on the game play/style you want to do.
                            this can affect your choice in weapon.

sounds like you may be better off with an m4 variant.and their are many.
                            you can start of basic and when funds allow mod it up.?

Comment

yh for some tall like you then MP5 would look funny on you. I think you may just get support weapon since you are so big..or a mini gun hahaah!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NULL i am a printer and love airsoft and the gym :D Find out more about NULL
                              Working...
                              X