Collapse

TM m4 sopmod... are there two versions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM m4 sopmod... are there two versions?

hey guys, just got myself a tm sopmod from the forums, but whilst looking around, i was wondering are there two versions of the tm m4 sopmod? (i dont mean different externals, i mean a newer model of the sopmod m4?)

if so, how is it different?

thanks!

Looking on zeroone i saw they have a 'proline' sopmod, compared to just the sopmod on other sites too..

Pro line is the same thing. Just some people have added the naming convention, others haven't. So long as its in the £450 region you can be fairly confident it's the same thing!

Comment

Re: TM m4 sopmod... are there two versions?

Snap! Just did the same thing as you, mine arrived yesterday. I think they are the same thing with the V2, It is the 'proline' EBB one, there is also a Sopmod none EBB so that could be the difference perhaps?
      Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
      Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

theres no sopmod none ebb, all it is is naming differences, all of them are proline recoil ebbs, its just the name really.
        sigpic

Comment

Right, so basically since the sopmod was first released... (i dont know what 2009 was it?) there has not been a newer model right? its all good then, also i was reading through a post where a member was talking about a new sopmod with different hop parts etc, though maybe it is the same one heeh!

thanks alot for resolving confusion!

Comment

Originally posted by joshh1512 View Post
            Right, so basically since the sopmod was first released... (i dont know what 2009 was it?) there has not been a newer model right? its all good then, also i was reading through a post where a member was talking about a new sopmod with different hop parts etc, though maybe it is the same one heeh!

thanks alot for resolving confusion!
            that is correct, if it recoils it is the "next-gen" / "pro-line" / insert fancy name here!
            TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

The socom/sopmod was released, but then obviously the ones with quick swap batteries were a bit later iirc, all the same internally in terms of parts, only differences being the battery options.
              sigpic

Comment

The new Scar has a newer hop unit, don't know much about it though. Yeah all good with yours.

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
                Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Cheers all, great help.

Now to set about choosing which upgrades for it!

I'll be sending it off to esix... now i'm gonna be getting toque motor and gears for it to boost trigger response, is it worth getting prommy gears or are they way to overkill, would the lonex ones do? I've found prommy gears for £80 too. Also whats the difference between the double torque and just torque gears, why would i get standard when i can get double for same price?

cheers again guys

Comment

because your not pulling crazy spring rates, youll just slow the hole thing down with doubke torque gears.
                    sigpic

Comment

ahh thanks joe, so whatcha reckon either the standard toque prommy gears, or the lonex ones (not sure if these a torque?) for 25quid cheaper? bare in mind i dont intend to sell this one quickly like all others lol

Comment

Cannot help much there as mine has come pretty much E6'd to the max, Pretty nice it having a front wired E6 lipo conversion though as much as I liked the idea of the stock battery I am liking the wired for lipo more with a peq box.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

For the extra £25 its worth spending that little bit more as once its done, thats it. Get bearings for the gearbox fitted ( they make a massive difference to gear running speed but are a but of a pig to fit at TM do their bearing mounts at around 5.9mm. Good motor, gold power transfer bars ( or front rewire for a small lipo) and job's a good un.
                          I've tried both a mad bull v2 and tk twist barrel. Not much in it range and acuracy wise other than the TK shooting at lower fps for the same spring ( i.e. you have more potential to go further or are more cqb friendly).

Comment

its rear wired to deans so dont need the crap batteries! just standard crane stock ones.

i was gonna go for a 6.03 prommy barrel, with firely buffer nub and rubber? e6 m100 spring and prommy gears.

Do i need anything else like prommy spring guide, piston, nozzle or anything?

ta

Comment

As I had mine open for the bearings I did the piston head (kept the piston as is) replaced the nozzle ( kept original as a spare) and the spring guide.
                              I have a firefly nub n rubber on a tk barrel. Its rathere awesome, but then a madbul v2 with tm rubber and h hop was also awesom too.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

joshh1512 Find out more about joshh1512
                              Working...
                              X