multi reticle red dot sights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multi reticle red dot sights?

hello all, just wanted to no what ppl think of the above item?!? thinking of getting on for my p90 tr? anyone have one with this gun or other guns? any pros or cons to the normal red dots? thanks
    sigpic

Re: multi reticle red dot sights??

I had one on my M4, and I really liked it. Nice, clear reticule too.

Rich
    GZ Marshal since 2004...yeah, that's ELEVEN YEARS !!!

GZ Urban.....2007 - 2014 RIP

Comment

Theres not much difference between a red dot aimpoint, and the multi reticule. All i means is that you can change the crosshair. It just cools good, thats all lol.

Comment

Those sights I prefer to aimpoints actually- theyre a lot less clunky and they allow better peripheral vision.

Comment

Re: multi reticle red dot sights?

+1 to what spetsnazdave said. you get great peripheral vision beause obviouly you keep both eyes open and its just a small square frame getting in the way.

Also, the ones I've seen have always been VERY bright on the highest setting which is nice. And aimpoints I've seen are often quite dim in comparison...oh and you can have a cool crosshair/target/aimy thingy as opposed to just a dot.

Bad points for me are that they are quite vulnerable to shattering from bbs, and you cant really keep rain off them so they smear up, and also they are quite small and low profile so they don't look great on bigger guns IMO.
          Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Also as Waltzin says the common cheap ACM version is much much better than a common cheap ACM aimpoint double the price... Ive seen G+P aimpoints dimmer than the little chinese holosights you can get on ebay. A certain website has just released a chinese C-MORE (the sight used in terminator salvation) too.
            Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 28 October, 2009, 12:07.

Comment

When I get home on friday I'll give you a quick shout about how the RS Kobra sight I've got waiting for me works.....
              Originally posted by tackle
              For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

sounds all good, i see wat u mean waltzin, it could be, so are they better or worse? when u say there low profile, too small for big guns they'd look alright on top of a p90? where did u see that sight spetsnaz??
                sigpic

Comment

Well I'm assuming we're talking about the (dont kill me) COD 4 style red dot sight that has the four reticules.
                  They would look alright on a P90 I would think, but PERSONALLY I think that they dont look big enough to go on M4s..or anything other than submachine guns.
                  Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Ive owned two and my mate is currently selling one IMHO they do the same thing as an eotech, they're just a quarter of the weight!

Comment

Just get bit of clear Perspex and glue/tape it on. Mine was shattered in CQB back when I was new to airsoft, which was a real shame as it was bl**dy brilliant. E'Banned version it was.

On a random note, I'm going to experiment with a side of a tictac box as a protector, just a vague idea i've been playing with. Going to test it first though
                      "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Red dot look the part but as mentioned glass seems to get shot out quite often, in dusk/ night/ low light they do stand out if viewed from the front, but without a doubt get one

Comment

Rght so RS Kobra sight:

Pro's: half the price of an EOTECH and twice as durable,
                          4 selectable reticules,
                          comes with picatinny fitting and an AK side adaptor,
                          solid enough to use as a melee weapon.

Con's: not made any more.
                          Originally posted by tackle
                          For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chris_taylor me, a handsome chap :D Find out more about chris_taylor
                          Working...
                          X