.12g BBs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .12g BBs

Hello, just something to think about here. I've always been puzzled to why people always say 'Never use .12g BBs'. I myself say it a lot to the younger/newer players, but actually, what's so bad about them? 'They break your gun' - why? Surely Marui .12g BBs would be of usable quality. I know that they would have some crazy effects when shot out of a gun with strong hop up, but lets say you used them in a TM AEP. They shoot 210 FPS or so. If you used .12s it would up the speed of the BB, wouldn't it? They'd be less stable but your BBs would get there faster.

So, why are .12g BBs totally avoided? :3 Would they really mess up your gun that much?

Re: .12g BBs

I think tm .12's are not polished and there the only decent ones available. They also tend to be brittle . You might be ok on a semi auto .

Comment

The best use i ever found for .12 BB's is in a moscart over short distance as they bounce about quite well.

But i cant see sites stocking various types of BB's as the 'standard' AEG round is the .20 but i found that other weights can fly better depending on temperature and wind but 0.12 are not that accurate, they might be good in CQB but not at distance.

curlyboy
      'I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around' Han Solo

Comment

I suppose that, given that they were of a good quality, it shouldn't be a problem.

I think that they're avoided because most 0.12g BBs out there are junk; made for use with £10 spring pistols.

Comment

Here's a question. Say the limit at my site is 328fps with .2's and that my gun is shooting 320 with .2's. What would happen if I buy .12g's and it's shooting at 340/350 etc. I assume I wouldn't be allowed to use it?
          Get it right roon ye!

Comment

In fact you would be able to use your AEG at 340/350 on .20's at most sites, since it's within the tolerence allowances made for AEG's because you never get an AEG firing at 328 every shot. some sites allow a 5% variance, some 10%.

The best thing to do would be to contact your site and ask them if you could use a lighter bb in your AEG and ask them to chrono it next time you play to make sure they'd still be okay with you using them.

Comment

Originally posted by Barlow View Post
              Here's a question. Say the limit at my site is 328fps with .2's and that my gun is shooting 320 with .2's. What would happen if I buy .12g's and it's shooting at 340/350 etc. I assume I wouldn't be allowed to use it?
              Most sites specify that their FPS limits are x fps on 0.2, so as long as it meets requirements on 0.2, you'd be fine with 0.12.

Comment

i was thinking of useing high end bb's in my 1911, next time i go CQB, just the fact they travel faster then .2's, and i wouldnt use them for a distance of more then 15 metres. but AEG's? :P nahh

Comment

.3s for decent pistols. Nothing else!

Comment

Originally posted by Barlow View Post
                    Site limits, in reality are about kinetic energy which is measured in Joules. FPS on .2s is just a simple way of measuring it because any chrono worth its salt will read that. Not all chronos allow you to program the bb weight or even display Joules.
                    If you site limit is 328 on .2 then 340 on .12 would be the same energy.

The reason for fps on .2s s because most people use .2s and pretty much all chronos display fps.

.12 s are a giggle in moscarts, mixed with .20.

0.12s will exit an aeg faster, but decellerate faster and end up having a shorter range. They are unstable in the lightest of breeze and are generally poor quality.

Comment

I know at least one site that doesn't allow them in anything other than moscarts and claymores.
                      sigpic

Comment

I tried some .12's in my Tanaka K98 as a joke XD - safe to say it would be very easy to shoot round a corner if you turned the gun sideways as stood 20m back.
                        Probably wasnt the best of ideas really, they were exploding on impact with an hard surface - then again it does shoot 460fps on .2g

On topic - I don't see any reason why not to use them if you can actually hit anything and can find any of a good enough quality to run them other than 10 rounds or so as a joke.

I just think using .12g would be like playing professional football with one of those childrens "fly-away" footballs. XD

Comment

.3's for pistols in woodland, yes i do agree on. but they would be slacking on speed in CQB imo with a heavy bb like that.

Comment

In CQB bullet speed is barely an issue. I haven't had anyone dodge a round yet! Plus, if it's a longer corridor, putting that round where you actually want it, and not nearby, is so much more useful

Comment

got to agree with Ben. But do like .40 madbulls for dropping power:-). On be .12s you would just lose all accuracy for speed.pointless. .25s in aegs are best anyway

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apurturesci Male Find out more about Apurturesci
                              Working...
                              X