how long would it take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long would it take

hi all , have a question regarding the postal strike i would like a little help with
    ,i recently swapped my m4 with a person from te forums,he told me he posted his gun on Monday the 19Th October and i should have it by Thursday 22nd at the latest, his gun was coming from Leeds to northern Ireland, and to date i have received nothing yet. I believe the delay is due to the postal strike my question is how long do you guys think it should take to get here,i have tried contacting the sender but believe he is away for a few day with the army, all advice is most welcome

Re: how long would it take

Hmm, its now the 27th, and it really shouldnt be taking 8 days, though it isnt uncommon. The biggest problem wouldnt be the postage strike, as normally, guns cant be sent through normal royal mail as they are longer than 70 cm, and so are sent by parcelforce instead, who arent on strike. The delay is probably shipping it over to you, it is possibly stuck in a cargo crate in some dock. The best thing to do is askt he sender for a tracking number, as you should have done in the first place. If he doesnt give you one, claim for your money back, or get the police involved. As long as youve done everything legitimately, this shouldnt be a problem to you at all

Dom

Please see this thread, as well as iTrader, for trader feedback!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26651

Comment

you need to chase this up, one of my mates sent a gun to ireland a few months ago, but apparently you have pretty strict rules on importing AEGs. and the gun was stopped in customs and destroyed, no questions asked!!
      i hope this hasnt happened to yours, but it may be bad news.
      'so long, and thanks for all the fish'

Comment

all 11 off my weapons have came over from England, nearly all off them from this forum with out a hitch, usually within 4 days,i did ask for a tracking number when he said he posted it,he then told me its was sent by recorded delivery,and that the receipt was at his home and he was currently in barracks,that's what I'm hoping the delay is,i am going to leave it until tomorrow, if i have not heard from him by then i will post up full details on here and then contact the police,its gets rather annoying when i message him when he is on here an get noting back, thanks guys

Comment

just spoke to my postie, I live in Swadlincote, near Derby, he said thigs have gone bloody crazy, they get surges of post to deliver, today, not much, like a normal day, but tomorrow, they are expecting tripple the amount, if not more, hopefully your gat is still sitting in a pile at one of the bigger sorting offices, if it was sent standard first class, it will take its time, even special delivery isnt a promised next day delivery at this time, they've suspended the service, but still charge you for it, telling you it will be prioritised higer than normal post... good old royal fail

Comment

Originally posted by richy b View Post
            you need to chase this up, one of my mates sent a gun to ireland a few months ago, but apparently you have pretty strict rules on importing AEGs. and the gun was stopped in customs and destroyed, no questions asked!!
            i hope this hasnt happened to yours, but it may be bad news.
            That was citylink rich.

What Citylink were doing and not tell people was that they were buying left over cargo space on planes. As they were ordinary passenger planes everything is scanned and if it looks doggy its immediately destroyed. Citylink were not even allowed to ask what happened to it. But he got compensation for it.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMax View Post
              That was citylink rich.

What Citylink were doing and not tell people was that they were buying left over cargo space on planes. As they were ordinary passenger planes everything is scanned and if it looks doggy its immediately destroyed. Citylink were not even allowed to ask what happened to it. But he got compensation for it.
              my misunderstanding-please ignor previous post.
              'so long, and thanks for all the fish'

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

pinkyanthebrain Find out more about pinkyanthebrain
              Working...
              X