X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there much point in camo?

I was searching around on the net and a few items caught my eye
    Link: http://www.springfields.co.uk/search/?term=llcs

Looks like Nylon Leaves stuck onto some Gloves, Balaclava and a Baseball Cap. Looks good, but is it?

My question is do you think, if I wear camo which matches the type of camo used, it would work if you hid in a airsoft game, do you think people would notice you because your very well camoflauged into the enviroment or not?

Re: Is there much point in camo?

ok that camo is the real tree sort , the shop is in Burton-on-trent down the road from me and the camo sticks out like a sore thumb in airsoft ,

i mean its ok if it is actually in a wood that is brown and with fallen maple leaves , but in uk climates , either jack pyke or deer hunter camo works best or even dpm as they take all sorts of arenas into thought ,

that camo is ok if your good at the fieldcraft side of things also laying in wait and movement , also would be best to break up the camo with different styles , over wise your going to look like an un-natural lump , but if you have the real tree on hands and rifle then moss effect on back and legs , it could just look like a fallen tree with branch's dying

Comment

its horrible stuff, you look like a fat Yank duck hunter!

Cammo does have its place in airsoft, esp in woodland, but that suit doesnt! Ghillie suits are easy to make, and have to be custom to the woodland and time of year your playing, not a one suit fits all peice of kit, not in the real world anyhow. Airsofters can use them all year round, its not life or death in this game!
      Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 28 October, 2009, 12:08.

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
        its horrible stuff, you look like a fat Yank duck hunter!

Cammo does have its place in airsoft, esp in woodland, but that suit doesnt! Ghillie suits are easy to make, and have to be custom to the woodland and time of year your playing, not a one suit fits all peice of kit, not in the real world anyhow. Airsofters can use them all year round, its not life or death in this game!
        So are ghillie suits only for snipers, or can you use them with AEGs?
        Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 28 October, 2009, 12:08.

Comment

well, Ghillie suits are more commonly seen on snipers, cos theres a lot of material, when you move, the material will move, more surface area to be spotted=not good!

For the pace of airsoft, esp woodland, normal cammo clothing normally works fine, without the need to add aditional foliage, unless you want to look like Bill and Ben!

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
            well, Ghillie suits are more commonly seen on snipers, cos theres a lot of material, when you move, the material will move, more surface area to be spotted=not good!

For the pace of airsoft, esp woodland, normal cammo clothing normally works fine, without the need to add aditional foliage, unless you want to look like Bill and Ben!
            Very good point, thanks.
            So would something like this do? Link: http://www.springfields.co.uk/bush-c...?id=4463&err=1

Comment

Chewbacca's can be annoying to play against because of how hard they are to see, the same goes for the Tree men.

Pics are not mines, but you can find them on Arnies gear review of the Leshy suit

SAVE OUR SPORT
              http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

seriously fella, you pulling my leg?

Noooooo, do not buy duck hunter clothes! you'll be laughed off the site! dpm, its designed to work in Europe, its the right colour, and a certian bunch of professionals use it to good effect! Dont like dpm? theres a whole plethora of different designs to catch your fancy, that dont cost the earth, and are of military origin, those from that surplus store, they are not! (thats only round the corner from me too, its VERY overpriced!) Anchor supplies, check them out for surplus military clothing, VERY cheap!

Comment

Maybe the OP wants to use Real-tree? Nothing wrong with it. It's usually far more effective than your average camo because normal camo has to work in lots of different places at once. While this only needs to work in one place. If the OP plays in a forest full of English Oak im sorry but thats the best thing he could use.

Then again, its how you make your fun. Some want to be 100% army others just go along for fun and don't really mind if they dont look proper.
                  SAVE OUR SPORT

Comment

a lot of players and myself use this at my local site use the jake pyke 3d real tree stuff thats designed for british woodland and its great the other team always have trouble finding us but as stated before does depend on the sort of woodland you play in
                    my sells rating http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...ight=mikeymaul

Comment

I saw a guy wearing one of those suits a couple of months ago. We were in a woodland setting, and it worked a treat while lying down but he couldn't really move without being spotted. Not much use at our site as there isn't much high ground to snipe from.

Comment

I see ghillies(the 3d leaves suits and the hairy ones) a fair bit where I play and they seem to work well (that and combined witht the practically silent spring snipers they use). But you have to remain very still for them to be effective (although seeing a shrub charge a position with a P90 is very funny)

I use DPM (a mix of normal trousers and desert jacket) or US Woodland (Cold war stuff not digicam) which both work really well, but then I take a rifleman/marksman role not a sniper.

As long as you are wearing something to break up your shape it will help you to remain undetected. But if you are sniping you may want to opt for the ghillie for the extra concealment over just combats.

Comment

buy a web-tex concealment suit I have mine and you build it to the area you are in, they are cheap enough and you can get them for £25 off a world famous auction site, I stuffed mine with ferns and leaves in the woods I was camping waitin for my shot, people got with in 15ft before they saw me thats when I took aim, and I was walking up right towards a fella he must have had bad eyes or my suit did its job perfectly movin in slow steps helped me aswell, I dont make too many sudden fast moves when face on, or theres no point gettin 1, I shot him standing up at 6 feet, also they are good for runnin fallin then crawling cus when they look to see where you fell they cant tell the difference cus its real foliage on your back not plastic, I used grass on my local playing fields to test it scared a dog senseless poor thing, lol
                          As I walk throught the valley of the shadow of death, (sparkhill,sparkrook,alum rock.etc)
                          I shall fear no hadji man!!!

Comment

please refer to my post in this thread - it is a good representation of camo tailored to the environment!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26708

the realtree type camo is good for the areas it is specifically designed for but it's not very versatile!

mac
                            Originally posted by Coz
                            Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
                              please refer to my post in this thread - it is a good representation of camo tailored to the environment!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26708

the realtree type camo is good for the areas it is specifically designed for but it's not very versatile!

mac
                              Which is why the army dont use it! Even if its great.

Camo made for the army has to work in lots of different places. Just think of all the different kinds of woodland you get in the UK.
                              you get
                              Pine forests marsh land, heath open plains of grass fields thick woods like sherwood forest and so on. All of them are different. DPM was made to work as best it can in all of those, and it just turned out to be one of the best camo's for Europe.

If all of the UK was just one giant oak forest, real tree would win hands down.
                              SAVE OUR SPORT

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Queboo12 Magpul User and Abuser Find out more about Queboo12
                              Working...
                              X