Rent a gun of a third party?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rent a gun of a third party?

Ok so I have a site membership and was wondering whether it would be possible me to rent a gun for this weekend xsite skirmish on Sunday off a third party(someone from this forum). As I am in dire need for one
    CURRENTLY SELLING ALL AIRSOFT GEAR IN THE NEXT MONTH

Any views on this?

Comment

Re: Rent a gun of a third party?

Yeah mate Im sure thats absolutely fine lol.

In fact, if Im looking at this right, Im guessing that even if you didnt have a suitable defence, you could still rent it off a third party. I mean, thats pretty much the same as hiring off a skirmish site right?

Comment

... why wouldn't you rent one from the site?

Comment

Theres no reason why you couldnt.
          However good luck convincing someone to part with their very expensive toy gun under the pretense of "Ill totally send it back after the weekend!"

Comment

It seems what the OP is actually asking isn't if its legal but if anyone is actually willing to lend him their gun for his skirmish.

I wouldn't have a problem with it providing you would be willing to cover any damage etc and give a deposit to cover the possibility of you running away with it. But I think most people, myself included, will have a problem with the faff of actually sending the gun out to you and then you returning it back to them after. I know I would also be a tad wary of it just not being around me as I like to keep fiddling and tweaking with it between skirmishes (don't judge me). You might find someone who would be willing to though.

Is there no hire option at the site you're going to? That would be a much easier way to do it I would've thought and work out cheaper after you've covered postage plus a little on top for the owners kindness.

Comment

Don't get me wrong there is a hire option but just no more of them, sold out. And I wasn't thinking of being it sent to me I just meant to borrow from someone who would also be at the skirmish. Btw the site is xsite and I'm going on Sunday, this sunday

Comment

Ahh well that makes a lot more sense.

If they're there it might be a different situation. I've let people go out for a game with one of my guns as they wanted to try it for a future sale or whatever. You might have more luck. Potentially go down there Sunday and ask around before you pay the walkon fees??

Comment

Wouldnt you be better off then, going on the xsite forums and asking if anyones got a spare gun you could borrow for the day. Every site you go to theres ALWAYS someone who turns up with a whole boot full of guns :P

Comment

Delta, it's an hour journey for me and I have guns it's just that I'm inviting a mate along and if there's no one to lend out a gun then my mate will be sitting there for the whole day with nothing to do.

Tiercel, xsite forums are about as necro my grandad

Comment

Is there an xsite subsection on this forum??

Sounds like you're in a bit of a pickle then to be honest! You could always run with a pistol for the day? But of a ballsy move, especially in woodland, but when I did it I had one of the best days i've had in a long time!! I now only run pistols, albeit in CQB.

Might be worth a thought, otherwise good luck in finding a spare! If I played at xsite I would bring along a spare for you.

Comment

Originally posted by sir killaIot View Post
                        Tiercel, xsite forums are about as necro my grandad
                        I LOL'd. Sorry about that....
                        Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                          I like to keep fiddling and tweaking with it between skirmishes
                          I also LOL'd at this!
                          Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Or you could call XSite on the phone and see if they have any others available? or if any of the rentals that are booked have cancelled?

Comment

Or just buy a cheap aeg of the forums and use that as a spare that you could rent to your mate, eventually once you have rented it out enough times it would pay for itself,
                              AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sir killaIot Find out more about sir killaIot
                              Working...
                              X