Clear All

• effectiveness of ACU

http://www.funnycorner.net/funny-pic...camo-couch.jpg
    i think this says it all really

Re: effectiveness of ACU

Seriously?

Comment

Just the stealthiness ive been looking for.....all them sofas dotted around my local site!
      sigpic

Comment

I was looking for that picture not too long ago "ACU the perfect camo for the Chairsofter..."
        CBMPC:TV! youtube channel - here! - game footage, random adventures, reviews and much more coming soon!

Follow the CBMPC! airsoft team on twitter @cbmpc

Comment

ACU really is a poor camouflage. It was tested against other camouflages and out of the 4 tests it performed in (night, urban, desert and woodland I THINK) it only came first in the night test. Why it ever became the US Army's standard issue camo, I'll never know. Plus it's just a rip off of CADPAT (which is truely the kind of digital camo).

The only place where I've seen it be effective is in mountainous terrain with snow...

Comment

1. This pic is as old as the internet itself
            2. ACU actually works VERY well in dusky or dull & overcast (so average british weather then :P) woodland

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
              ACU actually works VERY well in dusky or dull & overcast (so average british weather then :P) woodland
              Except, I imagine, when the player is standing amidst lush flora and making a real din with his AEG on full auto.
              Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Originally posted by JayB591 View Post
                ACU really is a poor camouflage. It was tested against other camouflages and out of the 4 tests it performed in (night, urban, desert and woodland I THINK) it only came first in the night test. Why it ever became the US Army's standard issue camo, I'll never know. Plus it's just a rip off of CADPAT (which is truely the kind of digital camo).

The only place where I've seen it be effective is in mountainous terrain with snow...
                Wikipedia - Afghanistan geography
                A landlocked mountainous country with plains in the north and southwest. It has a continental climate with very harsh winters in the central highlands, the glaciated northeast (around Nuristan) and the Wakhan Corridor, where the average temperature in January is below −15 °C

Might have something to do with it lol

Comment

its strange because every picture on the internet seems to be bias on way or the other
                  for example:
                  http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-IBzbM_Roe...u-mountain.jpg
                  or
                  http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-c...sand_words.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by lewby View Post
                    its strange because every picture on the internet seems to be bias on way or the other
                    for example:
                    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-IBzbM_Roe...u-mountain.jpg
                    or
                    http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-c...sand_words.jpg
                    The first pic is of an area where it's in use during an operation, and the second is, I think, a sniping competition. The guy in Multicam isn't exactly invisible in that environment either....

As Mack pointed out, and as the first picture shows, it's useful in the current theatre of operations - the mountainous regions of Afghanistan.
                    Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Originally posted by lewby View Post
                      for example:
                      To be fair it's only bias if someone claims a certain camo is the bestest thing in the world and show you a picture of a dude hiding in a 5m x 5m canvas of that camo while wearing that camo. Both of those pictures are camo being tested in real environments, the usual conclusion is that they work best in certain environment, but not most, a woodland guille inside a concrete building would be much worse than ACU.

Comment

Originally posted by mack View Post
                        Wikipedia - Afghanistan geography
                        A landlocked mountainous country with plains in the north and southwest. It has a continental climate with very harsh winters in the central highlands, the glaciated northeast (around Nuristan) and the Wakhan Corridor, where the average temperature in January is below −15 °C

Might have something to do with it lol
                        Indeed, hence the fact i said "The only place where I've seen it be effective is in mountainous terrain with snow...". Don't need a geography lesson from Jimmy Wales. However, to generalise this pattern to the every unit in the US Armed Forces is incredibly stupid, as not every unit is in Afghanistan. There never will be one "Universal Camouflage Pattern".

/inb4multicamisepic

Comment

Well as somebody who almost exclusively uses UCP and Tri Colour , not exactky the best for the Scottish Highlands and I find them to work relativly well . As long as you understand the main principles of concealment you can use UCP with great results .

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

lewby Find out more about lewby
                          Working...
                          X