Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M14 - G&G vs Tokyo Marui

To put it bluntly, which am bestest?

On a serious note, I know the Tm has very good range, can the G&G match it? Any difference on reliability? I believe the mags are compatible so no issues there, correct me if I'm wrong though please. Anything else which is significant please post as a reply.

Thanks all

Edit: I will be using It as an aeg and not a high fps dmr type setup.
    Last edited by Christo; 14 February, 2012, 18:08.
    "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Re: M14 - G&G vs Tokyo Marui

I own the G&G ad use it as a dmr and have it locked to semi out the box it was doing 430 fps . Mine with .30g bbs I can accuratly hit targets 60 metres and occasionally more . It's also much easier to work with on the inside than the TM .

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

Many many people on here will say TM, i however will say G&G, here is why:
      -Gearbox is more easily accessible, gearbox is also easier to take apart so upgrading is much easier
      -Internally, it is solid, the gearbox is a great lump of metal, has a great motor which doesn't really need upgrading. Their piston-head design means it gives a great air-seal
      -Hop-up, everyone says the TM one is the best, however, this has an AUG style hop-up, and will give great results when set up right

I myself had a similar dilemma a while ago, and read countless reviews and comments, however, i made up my mind that although, out the box the TM may have decent performance, the G&G has far more potential and is more user-friendly in my opinion.

An extra note, many people will say "ahh, they always break and nothing but problems", however, i think they are talking about the Gen1 models which were sh'#e, however, they greatly improved their Gen2 models.

Comment

I've never used either, but if I were to go out and buy one right now it would be TM because I've heard nothing but good about their M14, and TM are the best brand ever!
        Originally posted by psirus101
        I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

I must admit, I wouldn't plan on changing anything at all for a while, hence I would like reliability because gearboxes are the bane of my life at the moment! How come the gearbox is easier to work, I thought as they are both version 7 (iirc) they would be the same? What is the stock barrel like with the G&G?

Thanks

Edit:
          Originally posted by MiloXC3 View Post
          I've never used either, but if I were to go out and buy one right now it would be TM because I've heard nothing but good about their M14, and TM are the best brand ever!
          Not only is it not very helpful it not true, let's not take this farther though.
          "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Its easier to get out, and it doesnt have a load of poo on the outside which you have to take off, and it should be pretty reliable, another thing is that with the TM, you do really have to upgrade it, as having a massive gun shooting 290fps is incredibly underwhelming and tbh, feels like a huge anticlimax as you almost expect a little more for such a big gun.

Comment

Would I have to downgrade the g&g one out of the box or did you get a lemon so to speak? Must admit G&G is much more tempting!

Comment

I bought a brand new TM M14 from zero one, spent a shed load more buying bits like scope,rail mags ect, I was massively disappointed after my first days skirmish i tried agin 2 weeks later and one week after that i sold it off.In my opinion it is hugely over rated like many other TM guns.My CA mp5 was only coming up about 10-15 foot shorter than the M14,just without all the worry of smashing the front of it on a tree.

And i don't think anyone has corrected you yet, but the magazines are NOT compatible

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
                  And i don't think anyone has corrected you yet, but the magazines are NOT compatible
                  THIS is THE biggest issue if you're going to use it as an AEG. Forget the G&G DMR users - they don't need more mags.
                  Go with the TM.

WRT fps: Yes, the TM will be sub-300. BUT it'll likely out-range most other AEGs on the field at the time. PLUS. it's virtually guaranteed to be allowed at any site in the country.

If it's not enough, you have the OPTION to upgrade. If you buy the G&G, you may be FORCED to downgrade to make it site-usable.

Comment

Had and used both

Tm good reliable as stock but only firing 300fps as all tms do .... start Upgrading it is a pain to get parts lol and very pricie aldo sake a Jg and cyma ok
                    But once upgraded there dogs bullocks

G&g feel and look the same as tm ........ easyer to upgrade and find parts, cheaper but not by much and stronger internals as they do have higher fps out the box lol like the clones do .

If u like a challenge and don't mind spending more go for tm or its clone counter part....
                    If not then for nooobs or p**s about straight out the box as a Dmr then g&g easy ok hop it helps

Comment

I tried both the TM and G&G before getting mine.

OK, I wanted it as a DMR so my needs were slightly different, but the TM was only marginally more accurate at range than a sub-350 G&G. With a fully upgraded 'box, black python barrel and 424fps I'd take mine over a TM any day now. That's before you allow for the real wood!

Mags are different, but the G&G will use CA ones. Plus, it's the midcaps that are hard to find. G&G highcaps are easy to get your hands on.
                      sigpic

Comment

I thought it was the CA mags which were different but obviously not. I would either rock it with high mid caps, 120 rds plus or a high cap so I'm not too worried about that. Does look like the G&G is better for me. Cheers for all the help so far.

Comment

G&G also comes with metal bearings, whereas the TM comes with plastic 6mm bushings. You will not have to downgrade the G&G i dont think as if you just lock it to semi it should be fine

Comment

the gandg takes bespoke parts i know some shops who wont stock it becuase its a pain to work on. Tm m14 all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by laurence View Post
                              G&G also comes with metal bearings, whereas the TM comes with plastic 6mm bushings. You will not have to downgrade the G&G i dont think as if you just lock it to semi it should be fine
                              Did you not read the part of the OP where he said he wants to use it as an AEG?
                              Besides, semi-locking an AEG isn't accepted at some sites, and the semi limit at my local is 360 anyway.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Christo Just another airsofter own in the south of England. Find out more about Christo
                              Working...
                              X