CA RIS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA RIS?

i dont know if anyone knew this but the bottom and top RIS rails on my CA are smaller than the sides!
    in fact the top one is so loose that the rail protector just slides straight off!
    i want to get some RIS protectors to do the whole RIS system but seen as the top and bottom ones are small what protectors do you think i should use?

Re: CA RIS?

Normally you would only use rail covers on the sides anyway.
    The bottom rail normally has a vertical grip and the top a AN/PEQ 2 or nothing at all.
    I have Magpul covers on the left hand side of my CA RIS which were a very tight fit so I would imagine that they would fir the bottom and top fine.

Comment

oh right cheers m8 i had my PEQ on the side because i didnt like it ontop.
      i think that is where it will be living from now on then.

cheers iain

Comment

There is no fixed way to arrange your rail accessories. For many having the PEQ on the side is better - it gives a better sight picture.

At the same time, there is no reason to put a rail protector on the top rail - there isn't anything it needs 'protecting' from. While the bottom and sides are constantly being held and leaned against things. It is also a comfort thing - its nicer to grip a shaped bit of plastic than an angular piece of metal.

Finally, the rail panels should just slide on and off. Its more likely your side rails are OVERsized than the top and bottom are UNDERsized.

If you look at the last notch on the rails (at either end) you'll see its slightly different from the others. The cut out here is designed to catch the clip at the end of a rail cover and hold it in place. Simple.
        /9 out.

Comment

right i see
          but all the same i would like to put a rail protector on the top. its not abotu protecting the rail its about my hand when it grates across the top! ouch!!

Comment

Originally posted by sniperiain View Post
            oh right cheers m8 i had my PEQ on the side because i didnt like it ontop.
            i think that is where it will be living from now on then.

cheers iain
            Personally I have a vertical grip on the bottom rail, an AN/PEQ 2 on the right hand side rail and a Magpul rail cover on the left. In 'real steel' the AN/PEQ 2 is commonly seen on both the right hand rail and the top rail.
            I can't recall seeing anyone with a rail cover on the top rail but that doesn't mean you can't do it :D

Comment

fair enough
              cheers for feedback guys!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sniperiain Find out more about sniperiain
              Working...
              X