APS Rhino Battle Sights vs Magpul MBUS Sights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APS Rhino Battle Sights vs Magpul MBUS Sights

Before I get jumped on, I know you get what you pay for and Magpul products are nothing but the highest of quality but as an alternative has anyone has any experience with the Rhino Battle Sights? Obviously there is a price difference with the MBUS priced at £65-£70 per set whereas the Rhino's are priced at £40 per set. Is this false economy or does anyone have any thoughts on these. The quality doesn't look too bad from the pics below vs the Magpul's but this is not a reflection of how well they will last. any thoughts welcome.

Rhino Battle Sights:

Magpul MBUS:

Re: APS Rhino Battle Sights vs Magpul MBUS Sights

I brought some Chinese clone Black MBUS for £15 on the bay
    Hate.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

Those APS sights look really plasticy to me...look at the shine on em! Plus, their colours a bit off....I dont see you matching em with any tan furniture any time soon!

Comment

Maybe not the greatest picture of the Rhino's. How about this below. I think it just depends on the light the pics are taken it as below they don't look that different to the MBUS. Also, what are the Chinese Clone MBUS ones like in quality/appearance?

Last edited by Babyalien; 17 February, 2012, 07:03.

Comment

I was looking at these as well. I like the way they have that pistol style back-up back-up sight MP7 style when closed. £40 does not strike me as cheap more that the Magpuls are way too expensive for airsoft.
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional...

The tinkering tale of an airsoft addict, wargamer and book fanatic at http://ocdairsoft.blogspot.com/
          It even gets updated occasionally... Quite recently even!

Comment

Yeah I like the pistol style back-up sight design, nice idea if you ask me. So I take it no one has actually tried these out yet? Mmm, surprised as they seem to have been out for a while but all you ever see in the way of back-up sights fitted in this style are the Magpul's. Either that is testament to the quality/function of the Magpul's or have we have bought in to the brand more than anything and are maybe nervous about trying anything else and I do understand the scepticism of trying out unknown Chinese made kit.

Comment

Ooo I do actually prefer the look of the rhino's and definitely like the mp7 style pistol/rifle combo.
              Originally posted by tackle
              For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Originally posted by Babyalien View Post
                Mmm, surprised as they seem to have been out for a while but all you ever see in the way of back-up sights fitted in this style are the Magpul's.
                It's not all you ever see, I use troy type backups on my 416, though they're now very much the primary sights on it s=as they're really very nice.

Comment

Sorry, I meant in the form of polymer back-up sights, I should have been more specific, my bad. I do still see some metal back-ups such as the Troy's like you say.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Babyalien Easy going fella, always up for a laugh. Crude sense of humour. Find out more about Babyalien
                  Working...
                  X