Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mp7a1 mods, need advice

hey everyone,

i am curious, i am thinking of getting a mp7a1 (aeg version not gas) and if i do i want to put the nineball extrenal battery adaptor with like a a 8.4 or 9.6 volt battery. would i have to upgrade internals to coupe withbigger battery or would it work alright with out internal mods?

thanks people
    Tom

Re: mp7a1 mods, need advice

People will recommend it, but i ran a clone aep mp7 on an 8.4v mini for thousands of rounds with no trouble, was still going strong when i sold it!
    Buy my stuff!

Comment

i wouldn't go to a 9.6 but an 8.4 will be ok and will boost the ROF alot

Comment

Wouldn't put a bet on it. I ran an 8.4v on a TM MP7 and it stripped and shredded the gearbox in less than 3 hours.
        "What are you doing?"
        "Helping!!!"
        "You've got a screw driver!!!!"

Profile Picture courtesy of Ambush Adventures Photographer Jacqui Williams

Comment

my MP7 that's had a cracked gearbox for a while now has been running fine on an 8.4... I tested it with a 10.8 once, but I wouldn't risk running it on it...
          I'd say it comes down to how you play, if you're planning on hosing people and putting thousands of rounds through it then it'll wear out quicker, if like me you are just after a quicker trigger response and you're sensible about the amount of rounds you put down range then it should be fine
          CBMPC:TV! youtube channel - here! - game footage, random adventures, reviews and much more coming soon!

Follow the CBMPC! airsoft team on twitter @cbmpc

Comment

im running a 7.4 lipo on mine, had it custom modified to fit, obviously isnt the best way to do it, as you cant remove the battery , so when the battery goes down, so does your gun, until you charge it :PDSCF3082.jpgDSCF3078.jpg

Owner of DCS
            (Doom custom shooters)
            PM me for Custom work!

Comment

ive had varying experiences. my first one broke the gearbox casing when i upgraded it which resulted in my dad building a new gearbox from aluminium. i have somehow magically put together a second one with stock parts in buying bits to repair the first one, that runs with an 8.4v battery just fine, also has a few other upgraded bits.

but yeah, its hit and miss. im hoping my dads custom gearbox will be able to hit 300-330 fps

Comment

thanks for the advice people. i might try go for a 8.4 or a 7.2 lipo and see how it goes.

anyone else has any feedback let me no, cheers

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tomtomsatnav love airsoft! Find out more about tomtomsatnav
                Working...
                X