Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CQB Gun - Advise

Hey all,
    I have been on youtube watching video's and i want to start playing Urban at my local site (EAG Epsom)
    I have considered using my full stocked TM M4 but i thought that it would be too big as the tunnels down there are quite small.
    Sooo i will be needing a new gun - and i cant decide what to get.
    A few i have considered are the TM MP5K, TM MP5 A5, CA MP5 SD6 or a
    TM P90.

What would you choose out of the above and why ?

Thanks,

Bert.

Re: CQB Gun - Advise

if you can stand em. the JG stubby killer is fantastic. i got hosed with one on the weekend, it did indeed hurt

Comment

since you already have a m4 upgrade it to cqb or just get a cqbr saves on more mags , if your after another type of gun i would say ca B&T mp5
      Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

TM MP5 a5 - Light weight, fairly compact, folding stock good for tight spaces, get the lighted foregrip and ICS laser and your sorted (My dream CQB aeg)

or consider these as I find these great for CQB.

Shotgun, spring or gas. Ridiculously good fun and more involving than an AEG

Combined with...

A pistol, pick your favourate model and buy TM. Again, just such great fun and as it's CQB so range isn't against you.

Also both are lightweight and easy to manoveur with.
        "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

I did consider converting my M4 to a M4 CQB but i use it as my primary for Woodland game and that would mean less range and i wanted something more manouverable.
          I considered just taking out my Hi Capa and a few mags for it, but i think the DE M56 B shotgun would be more appropriate.
          For all of you who play CQB, is it really fast paced, and is there lots of fire all the time ?

Thanks,

Bert.

Comment

Depends on the game scenario. I've had to leave a game due to running out of ammo after a constant 20min fire fight, but I've also hid in the dark defending an objective and fired maby 10 shots. However, more often than not it is fast paced and lots of shooting.
            "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

all you need to change it to cqb is battery type stock say an acm short full stock , acm cqb barrel and some second hand tm parts such as another upper

that way you have 2 guns in 1 would only take 10 to change the front set over
              Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Ive just been looking at the DE M56 B and it looks great and fun.
                Would that shotgun be appropriate for CQB, would i stand a chance against all the guys with the full auto option.

Bert.

Comment

the gz urbans single shot only so most shotguns have a actual advantage, firing 3 bbs per trigger pull to a aegs 1.

I have a de m56 tactical and that was sooooo much fun at urban, tho i plan to take out my tm shorty which i think is the m56 B, If the woodland game i was just at is anything to go by its gunna rock at urban.

would advise a pistol of some sorts tho as i tend to get more kills at urban with my 226 then my shotgun

If Carlsberg made Airsoft teams..............They would still get raped by the G.Z.C.F

Comment

M56 B and Hi Capa 5.1 it is then.

Bert.

Comment

hey there Bert, i have actually played at Epsom several times, first of all you have to pre book on Night games,coz numbers are limited, the people in charge are resonably nice,some of them can be a little impatient with noobs and non regualars, but its all ex army bravado
                      anyway the gaming there can range from extreme intensity, with everything on top of you,to waiting around for what seems like ages,coz you are holding a position but the fighting is at the other end of the tunnels. the games do run thick and fast, regenerating after getting hit is very smooth,just return to the safe zone, and form another group , which is usually a 4 man team,and takes no longer than one minute for others to turn up,this is good because you can turn up solo or if you turn up with mates you dont have to stick with them all night, and you get to meet everyone, fight with them in small teams, and fight against them, which in my opinion makes it a very friendly experience with lots of battle stories exchanging.
                      they dont have marshalls in the game zones, but that doesnt mean you dont need to take your hits,because of the small numbers,the organisers take mental notes of those players who dont return to the regen zones on regualar basis, because of the constant regens that happen they soon realise if they dont see you very often,which means your either special forces, hiding or not taking hits
                      the gun thats most popular are mp5s, but p90s are just as good,and i think they use ak spetzs as rentals.
                      the place can be a bit disorientating if your not familiar and after 10pm i think, you can use flash bangs, which can causes a lot of smoke too,all in all a good experience, and i have improved my gaming from lessons learned by going there.
                      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I play at Dorking so i know the site owner and all, and im always down epsom, not playing but buying guns .
                        When i play i dont really want to be lugging around a big heavy AEG so i think the pistol and shotgun combination will work quite well.

Cheers guys,

Bert.

Comment

btw a shotgun is perfect for single shot sites like GZ, but you will get pinned down very easily at Epson,cos there are a lot of full autos with unlimited ammo

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                            btw a shotgun is perfect for single shot sites like GZ, but you will get pinned down very easily at Epson,cos there are a lot of full autos with unlimited ammo
                            Yes, thats what i was worried about.
                            What would you suggest for Epsom ?

Bert.

Comment

anything that has a folding/retractable stock and a short barrel,without a silencer,definately use mid caps,i have an ICS mp5 A5 with a folding stock,and 9 spare,mid caps which fit inside my 3 M4 pouches + 1 loaded mid cap, and i carry a glock 26c strapped across my chest with 4 long mags, the glock has Trijicon Night Sights, and the mp5 has a lighted front end and the lazer set in the cocking tube

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bert Find out more about Bert
                              Working...
                              X