Re-Spray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Spray

ok guys, just a question, i want to spray my gun, do you think Game Workshop chaos Black will work?

as the pain tends to go on plastic?, im not sure

i have some left lying around in the house so thats why i asked this :P

Re: Re-Spray

Krylon!

though why do you want to spray it?

if its plastic the paint cant come off..... ifs its metal, looks better a little worn!!

ou are not allowed to cover up two tone... which is the only reson i can think why you would wanna do this?!
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

yes its two tone, but it is just for looks as i have Striped out the internals and i want to hang it on my wall above my bed, (i do not intend in using it in-game)

Comment

It's still legally converting a two tone to a RIF and illegal if you don't have any form of valid defence. If you do, though, then rock-on.
        sigpic

Comment

ok thanks guys, want to add, i have a M4 (non two tone), that i had got before the law came out. would i need to Modify it to a two tone?, iv read on some forum's that as i had it before the law i can still use it?, i want to be 100% sure, and no its not a lie.. i really did have it before the law came out...

Comment

VCRA doesn't restrict guns held before the act came out, only those being sold/manufactured/converted/imported after, so you should be OK.
            sigpic

Comment

ahh ok cool thanks. so ill Leave my L96 Green, for now, till i get the form etc. thanks for the help guys

Comment

when you are ready to spray it, try the paint you've got on something similar first, if you're not happy, try either, Krylon, (no primer required) or, Halfords have a Vinyl and pvc paint, which works like a dye, and actually permeates the plastic, making it harder to chip, either of these, will definately be fine.
                "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Dont use model paint as it is not good enough it comes straight off with water very easily!! I have used chaos black spray paint and it costs more than the proper stuff! !Krylon or homebase stock an outdoor type of paint called rustoleum. These have worked best for me!
                  Pathfinders. NI

sigpic

Comment

I had some old Chaos Black (getting on for 6 years I guesstimate) that I used on a Umarex(Ares) G36. Paint was absolutely fine. Although it was a plastic/polycarbonate based shell rater than metal.
                    sigpic

Comment

in the states they use a paint called duracoat which is meant for painting real fire arms, its differcult to get duracoat here in the uk, but you can get the same unbranded equivelent. Its a 2-pack acrylic paint, you won't get a better more durable finish. Go to ya local paint dealer and ask about it, it comes in metalic too if that is required. Enjoy.
                      sigpic

Comment

I am the local paint dealer and ive not heard of it! Lol have to investigate it. Managed to get a few cans of krylon before it went but running low now

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by badger906 View Post
                          I am the local paint dealer and ive not heard of it! Lol have to investigate it. Managed to get a few cans of krylon before it went but running low now

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
                          please do so, i have the data sheet in front of me - Lechler Coatings 29152 - Acryl 2k Opaco

Sticks to both plastic and metal, properties include very good adhesion as you would expect from a 2 pack, and very good scratch resistence, perfect for metal moving parts, slides etc.

i've tried it out and its brilliant stuff. you wont be disapointed believe me. expect a real fire arm finish in terms of durability, ben.
                          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

181jenkins Find out more about 181jenkins
                          Working...
                          X