How to clean your Vest/Plate carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to clean your Vest/Plate carrier

Hey lads just been out in the field and played a newly built trench game. of course it was ankle deep in sloppy mud and i fell in covering my RICAS in mud i was just wondering is there any correct way to wash it since ive lost the instructions

Re: How to clean your Vest/Plate carrier

Let it dry naturally. Don't try to speed the drying up, as this can damage it.

When it's fully dry, attack it with a stiff brush and you should get the mud off easily.

Beyond that, do you really want it to look like it's just come out of a shop?
    sigpic

Comment

its all proper crusted in. would water not damage it

Comment

Wetting the mud, and then brushing it, will just force the dirt deeper into the material. Let it dry, then it will turn to dust when you brush it.
        sigpic

Comment

can assault vests and things not just be put in a bowl of warm water with some detergent?

I mean.. sure we'd all like to have dirty, war torn kit.. but when that dirty war torn kit ends up making your house smell of mud, fox poo and rotten paintballs I'd also like to know how to give them a proper clean!
          Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Warm soapy water usually works quite well. Just scrub it off... wash it again in warm water and let it air dry. Job done

Comment

When dry beating or brushing really is the best way. Washing runs colours, rusts poppers and what not.

If you really must wash, cold water in a bowl hand wash, just the pouches if you can. Then dry all the metal poppers etc instantly.

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                Let it dry naturally. Don't try to speed the drying up, as this can damage it.

When it's fully dry, attack it with a stiff brush and you should get the mud off easily.

Beyond that, do you really want it to look like it's just come out of a shop?
                Sums it up pretty well.
                If after you've done that if it's still dirty and stinks then wash it with warm soapy water.

Comment

Dry, Brush, Febreze

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

murta369 Find out more about murta369
                  Working...
                  X