Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good rifle for woodland?

Hey all,

There are so many to choose from I dont know where to start! I'd like to get, after the new year, a rifle for woodland use as thats my primary site!

I would sacrifice auto/ROF for something that had good accuarcy to pop off people I can see hiding but just cant get a hit with a normal smg.

What suggestions have you got? I'd consider a sniper rifle providing it was accurate and not too dear lol!

Also would using heavier bbs like .3 or .36 improve accuracy over a distance in said rifle/smg?

Cheers all

Re: Good rifle for woodland?

Tm M14
    .25s

Done.

Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

if your going to play at GZW then get yourself something delectably middle sized and with a nice range soo a tm m14 socom or something similar

Comment

a g36k is a great middle length option, full g36 or an sl9 but that might be tool long for you, m14 as above, an m16/or good ak, there area lot of options for you really tbh,
        how heavy&long do you have in mind? i take it your thinking aeg/gas and not a bolt action sniper?
        sr25
        bullpups? ie aug, l82, famas,...the list goes on
        back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

Well to give you an example the gun im using atm is a G3 SAS, its got a nice ROF but its just not that accurate at distances above say 5-10 meters, in a woodland I really could use something that goes for longer in a semi straight line lol.

I wouldnt mind something heavier/longer if it was a good gun, as I wouldnt feel I was carrying a burden or anything like that, so im happy enough if its a bit beefy but does the job. I had looked at the G36e ( full length ) rifle as I like the style, but wasnt sure how it would preform?

Ill go have a look at that TM M14 too

Comment

all u need is a good mid length rifle with a good hop as said an m16 or full length m14 can be a bit annoying in those dense bush situations.

Comment

We dont really have alot of dence bush, more open + trees and some bunkers lol!

I like the look of that M14, but for £300 Id want to be totally sure it was a worth while purchase! Anyone got experience of it? If I got that, with .25s and upgraded some parts like barrel, hopup etc would it be the ideal weapon of choice? :D

Comment

You have to remember any AEG is really much the same in terms of range, most are funny shape shells over standard parts. A good hop-up makes the range. The P90 and M14 rate high. The Classic Army B&T MP5 also has a good unit.

Any weapon you like, with a good rubber, .25 pellets, nice barrel and correctly set hop will give you the range and accuracy you desire!

Comment

Cheers jagillham,

In that case I do like the look of the G36 full length, one of those with the modified parts .25s and a drum mag could be fun lol! I could even get a scope and Launcher on the G36 which would be cool lol

Comment

yeah thats why i like the g36's as i can fold my stock when it gets tight.

what make is your g3sas? as i just traded one away it was a tm and very accurate - one of the best guns ive ever had apart from my g36 which is also super accurate at range, i outrange everyone with it at my site and its pooping at 328 on the dot.

up to a point longer barrels do make a difference but the key really is in the hop unit, ive tried pretty much all of them for the g3&36 rifs, and the tm is buy far the best, but made even better if you can get hold of a cnc hop unit which i have in there now and that will make any hopup parts work flawlessly.
                    i like my g36 so much im selling my sl9 off now (also becuase my site changes its semi auto limits as well

Comment

Budget option then...

Take any G36, add Madbull Python VII Tightbore, bag's of .25 ammo and a Systema/Firefly/TM/Guarder/Madbull rubber.

Drum mag and launcher.... hmmmm. Each to their own

Comment

hehe my g36 has a scope and a launcher! actually atm it has two on it :p i sould put sime pics up of it at some point... in fact ill go camera unting now

Comment

G36's are nice!
                          but it depends how much money you have to spend!
                          if you like high caps or mids.
                          lightweight etc etc.

Without knowing these details, i would recommend a systema m4a1

A good m4 would do you well, i used the G&P m4, and it was stunningly good. Just change the hop up and your set!
                          Check out my Feedback!

TM Desert Eagle Hardkick|Systema PTW TW5 (tackleberry custom)| Systema PTW M4 MAX 2 (Tackleberry custom) | Systema PTW M4 MAX (Tackleberry custom)

Comment

Well if you dont want a long gun try the TM M14 Socom. Bit shorter.
                            The best part about them, as I'm sure most owners will attest.. is that you can pretty much leave them stock.

Most other guns will be as good/better with a new hop and barrel, but the TM M14s are just THAT good stock. So in answer to your question, yes the £300 odd is worth it!

And .25s all the way. The bit of extra weight means that their momentum carries them further AND straighter than 0.2s. I THINK that was scientifically proven Just at a slightly slower pace.
                            Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Magic_Golem, I cant wait to see pics of yours!

Well I guess Id use high caps mostly, tbh Im not the fittest of people, so I tend to lay down covering fire for the rest of my team than be the point man lol! I also like how the G36 series has a folding stock, this would be dead handy!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bandeen Find out more about Bandeen
                              Working...
                              X