Advice on reducing glasses steam up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on reducing glasses steam up.

Can anyone tell me a surefire way of eliminating steam up of glasses, so far I've used anti-fog spray, the fairy liquid method and bought some cat crap!?! as advised somewhere else, these usually get me thru a morning but by the afternoon I'm suffering steam up when things get intense, any ideas help much appreciated,
    had a search on the forum and found a thread that mentioned the above stuff so sorry if this had already been covered,

Or do I just have to go for mesh goggles? which I'd rather not if possible.

For the record I have guarder G4 glasses.

Cheers for your help.

Re: Advice on reducing glasses steam up.

Rub washing up liquid on the inside lens, and then wipe off. Doesn't solve it completely but helps a lot.

Also, when you do wipe the steam off your glasses (in the safe zone afterwards obviously), make sure to wipe your brow clean of sweat, otherwise they'll just steam up again immediately.

Comment

They may still have some of the factory protective coating on them.

When I did my diving course, we were told to rub the lenses VERY gently with tooth paste as this gets rid of the film that sometimes gets put on plastic lenses to protect them during manufacture.

Beyond that, I just do the normal diving trick of spitting on the lens, rubbing it and then rinsing with water. Works for me.
      sigpic

Comment

cheers for that - they are relatively new so I'll give the toothpaste trick a go

Comment

go into a motorbike shop and find some anti-fog spray. works a treat.

Comment

I know it may sound silly but you may well have them to close to your face. its what used to happen when i played with my glasses underneath my guarder c4s, My glasses which i couldnt play without else i wouldnt be able to see, steamed up as they were too close to my face. It may be that you dont use glasses but it is a possibility.

Comment

Buy some mesh goggles if you never want to steam up! I dont think you will ever 100% get away from fog when your hot - especially in winter :S

Comment

I bought some anti fog wipes from another retailer, and they were rubbish...

Didn't work at all. Patroling through a forest doing a sweep, had to kneel down and wipe the lenses every 10 meters it was that bad :/

But that might be down to the fact the lenses have to be super clean and dry before you wipe them, and leave them to dry completely after...

But my home made answer is shaving cream, wipe some on, leave and wipe off...

Lasts all day, but on a warm day it's probably worth using mesh.

Comment

I'll give the shaving foam trick a go on my next skirmish and see how that goes, I dont where glasses underneath - and I dont wanna move them further from my face for fear of gaps around the sides letting bb's in -might have to go mesh in the end though by the sounds of it.
                  cheers for your help so far.

Comment

Make sure that your glasses/goggles are stupidly clean, this will help. If you carry wipes with you then you can clean them (where safe) so that they usually don't fog.

Comment

i just do casual finger wind screen wipers

Comment

Surprised cat crap doesn't work. I use it with Guarder and as long as you renew it, it works well.

You have to renew as the mositure builds up and overloads the cat crap residue.

Comment

i use storm clear anti fog wax sticks there pretty good they dont steam up for a pretty long time

Comment

Mesh is really the way forward. Some people just find they steam up, breathing upwards or sweaty eye balls etc! :D

Take a look at Bitter End and HeroShark for stamped steel mesh glasses and goggles. Mesh is not longer just clumpy woven mesh masks which restrict view!

Comment

maybe I have sweaty eyeball syndrome,

bought the cat crap, it's like a hard wax that you rub on right? thats how it came..

I'll take a look at bitter end etc.

Cheers

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Daytripper Find out more about Daytripper
                              Working...
                              X