Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever played abroad in the EU

Hi Guys and Girls

Just got some Pmag shells on there way over from Spain and it got me thinking.

How many people have traveled abroad to play? and what was the experience like?

just curious to be honest, not planning to do it myself any time soon lol

excuse me if this has been asked before, i did have a quick search and i mean quick but didnt find anything.
    sigpic

Re: Anyone ever played abroad in the EU

i havent played abroad but im looking at doing berget in sweden in a couple of years, berget looks immense like.
    Alliness Saves Lives

If at first you don't succeed the call in a JDAM

Comment

The biggest problem would be to transport your guns. Other than that, it's the language barrier in some cases

I know guys from the Canary Islands that come to the mainland to play once or twice a year, and they have to send their guns by courier. That would work all over Europe I guess.

Comment

yeah man, thats a point, the transport of the weapons would be a big problem, ahh that would be cool to go to canary islands and play theres also a whole village in spain thats a airsoft site as well.
        Alliness Saves Lives

If at first you don't succeed the call in a JDAM

Comment

i havnt played abroad yet but planning to play in america.... full of yankie geardos who think there sog team 1 but some amazing sites
          Looking for a Harris style Bipod with 20mm RIS mount.

Comment

I too would one day like to play at Berget in Sweden. I'm going to Japan next year. If I relocate there permanently I will certainly bring my hobby with me and start skirming there (so I'll probably be selling all my airsoft guns as it would be a pain to get it all through customs). I've even considered starting a blog when I get there about airsofting in Japan from a Westerner's outlook considering info on skirmishing in Japan on the net in English is extremely scarce.

Laughing Man, another forum member currently lives in Hong Kong and frequently skirmishes there.

Its funny you should mention the Canary Islands Wingmann because my parents are considering relocating to Fuerteventura. I wasn't sure if airsoft was legal in Spain. Cool to know it is.
            For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
            Check out my other sales!

Comment

Got back from a 48 hour milsim event run by tier one in Sweden 2 weeks ago. Lots of snow and cold enough to freeze my boots solid in the night. Site itself was a huge pine forest with open land, frozen lakes and streams and tracks plus a train line through it.

We got dropped off all over the site to simulate a parachute drop and
              Then make our way to a pre arranged grid reference to RV then move off to an area of woods to set up base where we ran sentry all night before setting off on patrols
              The next day. One patrol went off to recce a farm
              House area while I led a 10 man fighting patrol to locate and destroy a russian anti aircraft position which we found after a few hours
              Hard slog in the snow and while navigating using map and compass, we recce'd it then made a plan of attack, moved silently into position then launched into fire and manoeuvre onto the position, they didn't see it coming and popped smoke to withdraw into defensive positions, they also had a vehicle with them. After a 15 min fight we over run them and the bugged out. The next day we went as a mass force with the back up of the Swedish resistance to take out the main russian base in a quarry and gravel
              Pit.

On the way there upon reaching a road we hear a
              Vehicle and hit the deck, the top cover sees
              Us and they all get out,
              After a small fight we take
              Them out and set up a cordon where another vehicle arrives, we capture 5 prisoners and after "destroying" both vehicles we "execute" them and move on. Upon reaching the pit a large fight began where the enemy also had a vehicle with a
              Blank firing 50 cal firing off which made a nice effect, we were
              Pushed back and according to the rules are out of action for a set time, end ex was at 12 and my small team if 4 came into play again at 11:35, we went on a long flank move and across a frozen pond, instead of sneaking we casually patrolled in plain sight as the enemy were mopping up the area and with the help of snowfall we were disguised, swung into full fire and manoeuvre taking them off guard and took 2 small buildings, in the end we were The last 4 Brits fighting at end
              Ex.

The whole event was truly epic and the swedes were very hospitable giving us a small chalet type building to relax in before and after the event stocked with food and Drink both normal and alcoholic. The storyline had swedes playing Russians, Swedish resistance, French SF, Americans,
              And us as Royal Marines brigade recce force, the Storyline was superb and with all the factions operating on the ground really made it dynamic.

Look forward to next years
              Event!

Comment

If you drive and Ferry to Spain you should have no issues... the only issue being if they do stop you and search your vehicle you're going to need to speak some pretty good lingo to help them understand what is going on.

I haven'y played abroad but pre VCR I used to bring RIFs over each time I went to mainland Europe. Not sure how the VCR will change things if I'm honest...
                King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Originally posted by Kensai View Post
                  I wasn't sure if airsoft was legal in Spain. Cool to know it is.
                  It's a-legal, which means sometimes you depend on luck. Up north where I live we have an agreement with the Government: We inform when and where we are going to play (same place usually) and they leave it at that.
                  On other parts of the country the authorities have a general knowledge of the sport and the Guardia Civil simply applies the current law, which doesn't care about airsoft guns.

We are pushing the issue so it's properly legislated and airsoft guns get included in the current Arms Law with their own category. Until then they are: Toys for customs, air guns for Arms Control and nothing for the agents that have to apply it all :D

Resume: Yes, you can play airsoft in Spain and it's growing a lot.

Comment

I used to play in spain when I lived over there with my parents (lived there 9 years, and my parents still are)

But as said before, the laws are fairly lax about RIF over there.
                    Oh, I'm from Jaen, Andalucia wingmann
                    Originally posted by Tiercel
                    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                      But as said before, the laws are fairly lax about RIF over there.
                      Oh, I'm from Jaen, Andalucia wingmann
                      As in most other instances, where there are two parts of something, there are two parts of Spain. The South is quite more relaxed applying rules than here up north
                      It's still just a matter of organization and talking with the authorities in most cases. If you go to them for advice there won't be any trouble later on.

Comment

Also you have ETA up north, so they're a bit stricter
                        The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                          Also you have ETA up north, so they're a bit stricter
                          Indeed, although that is slowly being a thing of the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingmann View Post
                            Indeed, although that is slowly being a thing of the past.
                            Thankfully :D

Comment

I live in Sweden :D so Beret is 5hrs down te road for me. I played from about 99 to 2004 in the UK. We had no proper site nearby in the north east so formed our own.

The swedes are pretty friendly on the field and it's fun, my language skills are up to much but I figure every one understands when I say "shit" and hit the floor.

I hadn't heard about the Tier one event in Sweden but I recently watched one of their videos and read a thread and thought it sounded awesome and wished I was back in the UK!

Btw you can pretty much bring your rif on airlines, stowed and normally in a separate checked in bag. Helps to fly with a non uk airline I guess but I think RYan air are even okay with it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Identiti Proud Father Find out more about Identiti
                              Working...
                              X