Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chimp introdution!

Hi All,

A relatively new player. I have attended a couple of skirmishes at Ravens Nest, AWA Herts and Urban Assualt. Having recently attended a night game at Urban Assualt I fell in love, am starting the UKARA process and looking at getting my first AEG in September. An old starter at 28. I first played airsoft 9 years ago but the 3pm fatigue cheaters put me off, as did the seeing the enemy but them being out of range in the woods hence why I loved urban assaults night game, so much so I am attending a pistol game tomorrow night and I am getting slightly obsessive in my planning!

I look forward to chatting to new people and feeding off your experience.
    sigpic

Re: Chimp introdution!

A pistol type ehhh old chap, welcome indeed. Have a try with a shorty tri burst shotgun as well. Huge fun.

Have a great time with it all!
    Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
    Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Welcome to the forums!
      King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
      https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
      www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys.
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the madhouse mate.
          Now begins the endless spiral into a house full of "things you don't really need". (My missus sez. Meh).

Comment

Welcome to the sport and the forum mate! This time next year you'll be cleaning out your spare room to make it an armoury/command center!

You laugh now, but that kinda shit happens. Really. .

Good luck with your games - any thoughts on a first AEG or pistol?
            sigpic

Comment

Hi Ash,

Going through the UKARA registration process now, currently looking at the G&G raider from zero one (as it is £35 cheaper than anywhere else!). I really enjoy urban stuff and cqb so it needs to be small. Cheap because of my budget, upgradeable because I can geek up at times and an M4 due to parts, upgrades etc available. Initially I was loving the look of a sig 552 but they seem expensive and have fewer parts/upgrades available.

I was considering a couple of others but a few people on here seemed to agree the raider was the way forward as per http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...fully-received.

any thoughts please do chip in!

The plan on load out is no camo, I just don't like it and have other stuff that is suitable and I am picking up a molle chest rig with pouches from the bay soon. Would have preferred a plate carrier but they all seem expensive and other things seem to drain my bank!
              sigpic

Comment

Don't be put off the chinese made plate carriers - they stand up to airsoft abuse pretty well.
                www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Hey chimp - yeah G&G Combat Machine ranges are pretty good value for money. So are ICS Sportline series, but most people will probably recommend the G&G to you. Plus ICS have lots of proprietary parts. I have an ICS Metal Body M4 and it's as reliable as an ox. I also have a KWA M4, and I think they're releasing a sportline version of that at some point, so you may wanna look that up (although I may be wrong) - KWA AEG's kick ass (but their hops can be slightly off). All things worth knowing!

I also don't wear camo at urban games, jeans and a shirt suit me fine! I don't have a plate carrier either, if you want a great brand for rigs etc, look at Warrior Assault Systems. Easily found on a certain Tactical site belonging to the UK... Got a 901 Chest Rig from WAS, and it's tough as nails. Highly Recommended!

Good luck either way bud, hope you enjoy your new stuff!
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome along chap!

Fully expect to spend every spare penny you have on the sport, it's all worth It I promise

Comment

Cheers.

I have already been fund raising via the bay! Which has led to an expensive purchasing spree and I am already thinking about what else I need to get.
                      sigpic

Comment

What are your purchases so far? Maybe we could offer some advice on what to spend your money on :P
                        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

What I need is a decent cheapish charger, definitely prefer a smart charger as I know what I can be like, a tac light with a pressure switch, a speed loader and maybe a cheap helmet, thinking along the lines of a bmx helmet painted up and some basic radio coms with a headset.

Clothes, tac vest, mag pouches, rucksack, gloves, dump pouches, goggles, mask, cap, boots, camel bak are accounted for. I will be borrowing my brothers aeg until I can get my hands on my own.
                          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

emergencychimp Find out more about emergencychimp
                          Working...
                          X