Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Warrington!

Hi all from sunny Warrington!

After many years of forum lurking and being impressed by the load outs and guns, plus finally having some spare cash I have decided to take the plunge and start playing!

I know of a few sites near by (SWAT woodland. F&O Bolton) anyone fancy a newbie tagging along?

Looking forward to getting my UKARA and getting to know some new people!

Pew.

Re: Hi from Warrington!

I'd highly recommend you take a look at Zed Events 'The Manor' airsoft site. It's at Daresbury Hall, so right on your doorstep.

Facebook 'The Manor Airsoft.'
    102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Just found the thread about them in here but didn't know about the Facebook page, will look them up on now, thanks!

Comment

Hello and welcome.

Comment

went yesterday day dude its amazing and you could go on your own there that frendly lol

Comment

Just getting some info on booking now, not sure if they can get your UKARA registered yet

Comment

I believe UKARA with Zed is in the works.

That said, you don't actually need UKARA for anything at all.

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

I would to buy a RIF though wouldn't I? Not sure I'd want to spend money on a two tone for the sake of 3 games before I can get registered.

Comment

Common misconception (which, if you mention it around any of the more long standing members on here, will mean you having to read through loads of replies setting you straight!).

Long story short:
                  • To buy a RIF you need a legal defence under the VCRA 2007.
                  • One such legal defence is to prove you are a 'regular airsoft skirmisher' at a site with public liability insurance.
                  • 'Regular' is most commonly defined as having played at least three games in a period of no less than two months (to be clear, that means that the date of your first game and third game must be over 60 days apart).
                  • The UKARA database was set up to help airsoft retailers quickly and easily check who has this defence, but it is no way necessary to be on the UKARA database; it is merely there to make life easier for retailers.
                  • A seller/retailer only has to feel sure that you meet the legal requirement, not that you are on the UKARA database, so if you are a regular player at a site all a seller needs to do is call and confirm this with the site operator (who should be able to check their records and confirm when you have played there).

Just to add (having re-read your post) you'd have to play at least three games until you could personally buy a RIF no matter where you played, giving you the option of either buying a two-tone in the interim or, more sensibly, renting or borrowing for three games.

Comment

Thanks for the info Longshot Yeah I'd much rather rent than buy a two tone, looking forward to it!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pew Find out more about Pew
                    Working...
                    X