Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey From Croydon

Hey guys,

How's it going? Just wanted to pop by and say hi! My name is Andy and I'm pretty new to airsoft (just got my defence through on Sunday). No doubt I'll be asking some pretty inexcusable questions in the near future so apologies in advance!

Also, local to the TWA sites, so if anybody plays there, give me a shout!

Cheers guys,
    Andy

Re: Hey From Croydon

Hey Andy,

I'm part of Team Nuclear Waste, a team that's local to you, a few of our guys play at TWA fairly regularly, although I visit it abit more occasionally myself now. If ever you're about the site feel free to say hi, or check out some of the FB groups, a fair bit goes on there. although TWA's actual FB page is mostly a bring and buy sale and kiddies squabbling, there's some useful chat about the edges.

Hope to see you at a game sometime!

Comment

welcome to the board fella

top tip, search box is your friend, there are trolls on here that prey on noob questions, save yourself the abuse

Comment

welcome mate, good to see a new face to twa sites, look out for the tnw lot come over for chat

Comment

Cheers for the warm welcome guys! I'll definitely keep my eye out for the TNW guys. There's 3 of us who are local so we could get a nice team going on.

I'll be sure to make full use of the search function. I know there are 1000000000 threads about 'which is the best brand blah blah'. However, as somebody who is just about to purchase his first gun, with no idea of hte pro's and con's of each brand these might actually come in handy!

Cheers again chaps.

Comment

Welcome!

I play fairly regularly at TWA Urban (a bit less so nowadays, addicted to the Sandpit now), do say hi if you're heading down Best way to make a decision on guns/brands is to ask at a game day (at least from my experience). See something you like, have a chat with the owner, most of the guys will let you have a look/go or offer some advice. Alternatively hit a few of the shops in London (can't name any here due to forum rules) - most will let you have a look/offer advice. Personally, I'd recommend something along the lines of G&G, G&P, TM as a first gun, but do some searching and pick something you like the look of :D

Comment

more than welcome to have quick shoot with my aegs see what you like really

Comment

Originally posted by harry66 View Post
                more than welcome to have quick shoot with my aegs see what you like really
                If they last long enough!

Comment

very good point hahah well i got a g&G combat machine if you was looking for a very good starter kind of gun

Comment

Well my first AEG was a G&G GR15 Raider L. Had it almost two years and have only just had to open the gearbox for the first time the other day (just to re-grease the innards, re shim the gears and modify the piston). Quality pieces of kit in my opinion. Sure not as accurate externally to a real steel rifle as say a G&P or VFC but fire reasonably well out of the box.

If you've got transport I'd recommend visiting UCAP Sandpit near Bluewater.
                    Upcoming Games:
                    None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                    Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Yeah if you have the mobility, there are some much better sites than TWA available by going further afield. EAG Dorking, EAG Epsom, UCAP Sandpit, UW Limpsfield and UW Fawkham are all good, the first two in particular I would highly recommend.

Gun choices depend on what you go for and what interests you with airsoft. For me I steer clear of G&G due to the external accuracy and realism being off, but they are great value and good performers. I would thoroughly recommend the more recent TM stuff, but if it isn't a GBB, High Cycle or Recoil Shock, I would avoid TM, other than those lines their stuff is outdated, plastic and underpowered, even if very reliable. G&P are my favourite for a solid mid range AEG with and a lovely finish. Really though its a case of narrowing down what your priorities and needs are and figuring out what fits them.

Comment

Every airsofter I've spoken to who has played the field so to speak has said 'go to Sandpit' so it looks like I'm going to the Sandpit! Epsom isn't far for me either, however I'm a Saturday skirmisher so it might be a problem if they have no Saturday games.

Regarding guns, I was originally going to go for the g&g gr15 raider L, however I popped into pro airsoft supplies yesterday and had a chat with the chaps in there, I'm starting to sway towards the top tech to 15 as it's already upgraded out the box. Having said that I'm not sure if the upgrades will just be wasted on me as I may not feel the difference?

Anyway, thanks for all the great advice guys! Much appreciated.

Andy

Comment

If you get a Top Tech Raider L make sure its the GEN 3 top techs as these have a mosfet preinstalled meaning (so G&G claim) they are 11.1v LiPo ready out the box.

Top techs have the advantage of having a tightbore barrel, uprated wiring, a hi torque motor and a metal body. All in all worth paying the extra if you can afford it.

Also, you're not allowed to mention other retailers here.

"There are no other airsoft retailers, only Zeul..."
                          Upcoming Games:
                          None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                          Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Welcome to ZeroIn!.

Be sure to give the rules a read by following THIS link before you start posting.

If you have any questions or concerns about anything feel free to send me a private message by following the link below.

Cheers and welcome!

Kind regards,
                            ForceGhost
                            ZeroIn Mod Team

Comment

Originally posted by AndySpence View Post
                              E Epsom isn't far for me either, however I'm a Saturday skirmisher so it might be a problem if they have no Saturday games.
                              i'm a regular down epsom and its great fun
                              games are sundays but games also run every weds evening
                              bit further out is dorking
                              run on sundays but another good site
                              "you dont need to see my UKARA.........I have a wrist band :P"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

AndySpence Find out more about AndySpence
                              Working...
                              X