Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New girl from Wigan

Hi there!
    My name is Suzi, I'm a 25 year old teacher from Manchester. I'm new to airsoft, I have been playing with spring powered BB guns since I was old enough to hold them (no dolls for me, I blame my dad ) and I have been paintballing a good few times but I really want to get into airsoft. I'm currently living in Wigan and I believe the nearest site to me is Military Outdoor Adventure - does anyone have any experience with this site or can you recommend any others in the North West? (Have motorbike will travel). I'll be renting guns to try and figure out which type suits me best before I obtain a UKARA number to gain my own weapons (without hideous two tone).

Looking forward to my first game soon and hope to benefit from your combined knowledge and expertise!

Re: New girl from Wigan

Welcome to the forums!

Nice to see a tuned in starter regarding your first RIF purchase. I like the idea of biking to games (with the amount of kit I have I think it'd be impossible).

Also, say goodbye to disposable income...
    "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
    Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

A woman… from the north... who plays airsoft… and rides a motorbike...

Marry me!! unless you're already taken!

Comment

2nd reply to the thread and you're already getting chatted up. That took longer than usual...

Welcome.
        Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
        It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

MOA is a good site from the lads I know that play there. There's a couple of First and Only sites local to you and SWAT opens its doors to a brand new 8.5 acre FIBUA/CQB site close to Liverpool City centre tomorrow morning. I'm going to be there myself with a few forum members. It promises to be a fantastic day. There are a number of girls that play there, so you'd be made to feel welcome.

Google "SWAT Fortress" and you'll find all the information you need. Welcome to the forum and the game of airsoft. It's nice to see more ladies getting involved, though as Nun Chuck points out, you'll need to be on your guard against those who have never clapped eyes on the female form before.
          There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Just a heads up but most people start out normal swaying towards m4 or mp5 due to them bing light, mobile and easy to change and kit out

Comment

Heres a tip! Dont get sucked into getting every bit of kit that is advertised! What ever load out you get, try to make it as light as possible! Eg: dropleg holsters great for cqb but horrendous when you need to run any distance. Thats my personal experience anyway! So my tip would be try to keep your legs kit free for full movement and speed!

Comment

Hello welcome! Enjoy!
                "Being offended provides no objective indication of "right" & "wrong". It's nothing more than a barometer of your own emotional control."- Ricky Gervais

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty Dog View Post
                  A woman… from the north... who plays airsoft… and rides a motorbike...

Marry me!! unless you're already taken!
                  With real working ladyparts no less O_o haha
                  Taken I'm afraid and I'll be dragging the man along with me.
                  Thanks for the advice so far guys, I've looked into MP5, Vector and P90 as primary weapons as I think the M16 and G63c and variants thereof may be slightly on the heavy/bulky side for my style of play and girlie arms. I like to be fast and maneuverable so cheers for the heads up on the leg gear. Would a chest rig with integrated holster be a better alternative? Cause I would like to carry a WE Samurai Edge as a side arm.
                  Thanks to a heads up from a lovely forum member here I'm looking at going to the British Airsoft show in Feb to have a feel of as much kit as possible before throwing money at stuff. Also I'm used to kissing my disposable income goodbye as I regularly throw money at my bike for shiny bits and performance upgrades

Comment

A chest rig would be both good for game play ( though not having boobs myself, not sure how comfortable ) and compact to carry on your bike. A Beretta can easily be carried in an M4 Mag pouch by the way. A G36K or an M4CQB should be quite manageable for your Girlie Arms, A SCAR is another gun worth considering as it has a folding stock and still takes M4 mags.

Most important of all get out there and have some fun. Talk to other players and they'll probably let you try there guns, you'll soon work out what you like n what works best for you.

What bike you riding, a Hornet? On a F800GS myself.
                    The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Im getting a g&g tr16 carbine lite. You might be interested in the g&g cm16 range. I find them to be great models for people starting out. Its basically the m4 range. Take a look and try and get sone hands on. Some shops will let get hands on. Maybe one in your area that will let you do the same.

Comment

I've worn police issue stab proof vests before and they were comfy enough. I will look at handling as many rifles and smgs as possible before forking out cash for one. I'm hoping to try some out at the airsoft show in Feb. There's a shop close to me in Chorley ( although I'm unsure if it's an actual shop or just a warehouse for their online stock.
                        As for the bike I'm on a 2002 Honda Hornet 600. Absolutely love it
                        Last edited by Fizzy; 6 January, 2014, 15:50. Reason: Retailer removed

Comment

Originally posted by Suemoo View Post
                          I've worn police issue stab proof vests before and they were comfy enough. I will look at handling as many rifles and smgs as possible before forking out cash for one. I'm hoping to try some out at the airsoft show in Feb. There's a shop close to me in Chorley (milspec solutions, although I'm unsure if it's an actual shop or just a warehouse for their online stock.
                          As for the bike I'm on a 2002 Honda Hornet 600. Absolutely love it
                          I believe (somewhere) is a shop that you can go into. My advice would be when going to a skirmish and you see a gun you like ask the player if you can handle the weapon and ask them about it, you will find that 99.9% of airsofters will say yes and will love talk about their gun. Also welcome to airsoft and the end of your money.
                          Last edited by bob86; 11 January, 2014, 15:16. Reason: retailer removed
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the advice mate but don't mention the shop I've just been told off by the mods, bad me haha. I'll likely be buying my stuff from here but I want to handle them first and since you can't do that with an online shop.... I'll definitely talk to other players and ask their opinions on the guns thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Suemoo View Post
                              With real working ladyparts no less O_o haha

Thanks for the advice so far guys, I've looked into MP5, Vector and P90 as primary weapons as I think the M16 and G63c and variants thereof may be slightly on the heavy/bulky side for my style of play and girlie arms.
                              Welcome to the forum and the wonderfully expensive world of airsoft

IIRC the Vector is only available in GBB form, so I'd advise getting an AEG to start with as a primary. If you go down the MP5 route, avoid TM if you're likely to do modding as they're a bitch to take apart. ICS is pretty easy to strip down. (Mine is a TM gearbox in an ICS body - best of both worlds).

As for the P90, TM is a good place to start - also a notable shout goes out for the G&G version - mags require a minor mod to feed, but it generally feels like a much nicer gun with a few extra features.

If budget can afford, get a brand new gun to start with and a cheaper secondhand gun - use the new one as your 'old faithful' but use the second hand gun as a project gun, which should help you get to grips with stripping gearboxes, modding ETC. It saves money in the long run as you won't need to pay anyone to fit upgrades, plus you'll have a backup if your primary goes down.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Suemoo Find out more about Suemoo
                              Working...
                              X