Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Bristol!

Hey guys, how's it going?

I'm Oli, I'm 21, and my old housemates have gotten me into airsoft. They took me down to Bristol Airsoft in the old crown court a couple of months ago, and now I'm hooked!

So much so, in fact, that I went out and invested in a JG AUG A2 and a 551 to go on top, and I'm waiting for a tracer unit to arrive as well. I was looking at M4s to begin with, but being southpaw, every time I pull the trigger I end up pulling the fire select to safe. About as much use as a hole in the head, really! Also picked myself up an UltraFire C8, but didn't realize that it cycles through 3 brightness and 2 strobe settings, so I can't just have it on or off, and it's bloody huge, so I can't see through my sight! Any suggestions? Keeping an eye out for any other tactical flashlights if anyone has any ideas?

Also, my next buy is going to be a pistol of some description. Call me eclectic, but I've narrowed it down to three options - a Beretta 92 because it's badass, a Luger because it's pretty, or a Browning Hi-Power because I have an army surplus holster for it. Tight fit though, I tried someone's Hi-Capa which didn't work, so Hi-Power it is!

Anyway, many thanks boys and girls, and I'll see you all around the forum!
    - Oli

PS. My baby...
    2cc40349999fec4b04b501edb12e2cff9f5e13e23a74d96d335c7ac4bc4af58b.jpg

Re: Hi from Bristol!

Welcome OliMonster! Enjoy!
    "Being offended provides no objective indication of "right" & "wrong". It's nothing more than a barometer of your own emotional control."- Ricky Gervais

Comment

Hello! I'm from Bristol too! Welcome. Few things go to Spartan Airsoft, might be because I like outdoor and always play in a team but it's the best site around Bristol. Give Black Ops Cribbs and Portishead a go. Portishead is a bit paintbally but an interesting site. Pistol wise I use an Tokyo Marui (TM) M9A1 and before that a TM M92F. I love the M9 platform and aI recommend it over the browning hi power or luger becuase mags are cheaper and easier to get, you can get solid serpa holsters or safarilands for quick draws and no lost mags and it's nice and modern. Top tip go with TM, quality is great, while the WE Glocks and P226s are okay their M9s arn't. Also save up for the M9A1 over the M92F. The M9A1 has a deckocker which cool but mainly a rail for a torch and most significantly an adjustable hop and with TM's magic hops they get great range for handguns.

If you have any questions on M9's or Bristol skirmish sites let me know. Have fun!
      Cardiff University Airsoft Society
      Like our Facebook page.
      And subscribe to our YouTube channel!
      sigpic

Comment

Hi Oli,

I THINK i was there when you played at BA as its my local.

Its my fav site because i prefer the up close and personal engagements, rather than 50m spray and pray lol.

I have played at spartan and find that every game ends up focused on the the downed helo.

Also personally i have had constant problems with my TM pistol and NO issues with me WE pistols. However my TM SPAS is fine.
        Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

What WE and Tm pistols were those? and if you like a mix of close to long range black ops is quite good. Lots of the time games don't center on the helo and I link its great as the site feels huge. Have a look around Oli and see what you like
          Like our Facebook page.
          sigpic

Comment

its a WE 1911, and a TM Desert Eagle HK.

Is black ops that good? i havent played there yet. Wouldnt mind giving it a go though. Spectre what team u with?

Also what i was getting at is that its not so much the games objectives focus on the helo but the general players focus on fighting at the helo... got boring real fast, my fav bit of the site is the village, especially when the planes go over.

Comment

I go down the court loads, brilliant site. Maybe see you there

Comment

Welcome to the game Oli, we're often at the court house, great site, we are the, (what you'd no doubt call old, damn .lol) Welsh guys that come over on a Tues' or Thurs', please say hello mate, be nice to meet you.
                "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Hi Steve!! you there this week?

Comment

Spartan is a great site!
                    "Being offended provides no objective indication of "right" & "wrong". It's nothing more than a barometer of your own emotional control."- Ricky Gervais

Comment

TBC but some of my team will be playing at the Sunday 2nd of March skirmish at Black Ops Cribbs (BOC) and then hopefully playing UWE Airsoft Society on Saturday 22nd of March there too. :D
                      Like our Facebook page.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ah cool, what does TBC stand for?

Comment

TBC is "To be confirmed" Oh and god84, I was meant to reply to your question about BOC but never posted my reply! I could write a whole site review but in short it's kinda nice. A nice blend of outdoor and indoor game play which I really like. The site is relatively big (although I couldn't put a figure to it) so there are many routes to get from point A to B. My issues with it are that I prefer the marshaling at Spartan, great guys run that site. BOC uses respawn points and sometimes non-designated medics (ie everyone's a medic) while I prefer playing medics over respawn but non-designated is a bit of a pain. I like Spartans system with designated medics that adds another level to the game that I really enjoy. Over all its a pretty good field to play at even if how it's run could be polished up so I'd strongly recommend going there as it'll really let you know if you're a CQB or outdoor guy.
                          Like our Facebook page.
                          sigpic

Comment

I played the courthouse Sunday was such a good day. Felt sorry as hell for one guy got nailed four or five times in sire places in a row. Was in stitches with his screams. Always lookin to meet fellow Bristol people down there need a new group of people to go with as my last team all left the game.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Comment

Cardiff University Airsoft Society (CUAS) should be fielding a team of 12 at Dragon Valley on the 30th of March if any of you are interested.
                              Like our Facebook page.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

OliMonster Find out more about OliMonster
                              Working...
                              X