Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeting from the Northeast!

New player, living in Northumberland.

I was introduced to organised airsoft skirmishing at a stag do, and loved it! I was skeptical at first. Around the same time Newton discovered apples are bad for the brain, myself and a few friends got our hands on our first airsoft guns, springer pistols, and after plinking at cans and paper targets, thought it would be fun to shoot at each other on a friendly farmers land.

I'm going back about 20 years , and once there was about six of us playing, I upped the anté by getting my pride and joy; a pump-action TM Uzi! Yup, pump-action. I saved up for quite a long time, odd jobs and newspaper rounds. I was virtually undefeated until someone else joined our little group (you know that spoilt Cartman-type?). For Christmas that year, his parents bought him an M16A1 AEG. Oh, and an MP5 SD6. We didn't get to play with them much, and spent most of our time taking on this one-kid army with our trusty springers, then nursing the welts afterwards.

Ya see, he had this strange, magical thing on his guns, something called HopUp. We had NO idea what that meant, other than 110% more pain!

So, after leaving all that behind, playing with real hardware for a years, then discovering the frustration of paintball, I guess I'm back. If time travel ever becomes a reality, my first port of call would be 14yr old me. With a glint in my eye, I'd hand myself my P90, wink, and whisper 'Go get him'.

Re: Greeting from the Northeast!

Hello and welcome to the forums!
    Check out Humber Airsoft!. North Lincolnshire & East Riding Of Yorkshires largest dedicated outdoor airsoft site.
    www.humberairsoft.co.uk & on Facebook @ Humber Airsoft

sigpic

Comment

Thanks ACodd! Not much posting, but a lot of reading so far! I've also come to realise that TapaTalk doesn't show when something is sold. Bloody annoying!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Ahoy. I be from your neck of the woods. Chances are we've crossed paths at one point. If you're the guy who keeps putting shit through my letterbox...

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Hahaha! Not guilty Lizard! What site do you use? So few around here...

Comment

I frequent NTAC and Halo Mill mostly. Shildon is 30 minutes away and the HM guys are 3 hours on a good day.
            I've been to NSC and Northern Alliance too but I go through fits and starts. Sometimes I'm airsofting every weekend for 3-4 months, but other times I go missing for the same time.
            You're more than welcome to join me and the lads for any given Sunday if you wanna try out a site.
            Last edited by RiflemanLizard; 6 March, 2014, 21:38.

Comment

I've got a private party arranged this weekend with some friends at NTAC. Mostly first timers and a few regulars, it should be a laugh. I really want a zombie night though. I just wish there was a venue like The Mall up here!

Comment

People have tried mate but in my opinion they've fallen short. Can't beat The Mall and The Manor for zombies. It's a whole different level.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RitchieTheBrit Ex-squaddie, graphic designer, guy who keeps tripping over. Find out more about RitchieTheBrit
                Working...
                X