Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new guy from berkshire

Hi guys and erm girls? (If any)

New to the forum obviously and thought id give an intro so as to not be rude.

Im lee, 28 from slough.

Loved the look of airsoft for years however recently been talked into biting the bullet (excuse the pun) and buying the nessessary stuff ready for some skirmish days.

Ive yet to attend one but I think im going on sunday to absolute airsoft in maidenhead then the ucap sandpit the following weekend. Im totally syked for it.
    Pretty much finished my loadout for now.

Running an e&c sr15 ris w/laser, sig foregrip w/ torch and an aimpoint rep red dot scope.
    Upgraded src motor, 11.1v lipo
    3 spare hi cap mags

Army kimber warrior 1911 w/ pistol torch.
    (If anyone knows where I can get spare mags for this it would be a massive help!)

More or less a multicam Sf dress code
    (Il get a pic when im all geared up for the first go lol)

So that's that for now, il be trying to get to as many days as possible between work and my other hobbie
    ( ive been into motorsport most of my life and have been drifting for 7 years now)

So thanks for reading and no doubt il be on here to ask many many questions!

Cheers

Re: new guy from berkshire

Hi there. Welcome.

You will have a great day at the sandpit. Bit of a drive (I know, I live in Reading) but great day out, great bunch of guys there.

Comment

Cheers buddy, how strict are they on fps rules, my main gun is currently putting out 376fps

Comment

I don't think that you will be able to use that. Is it semi only? if so then may be able to use as DMR rules. (minimum engagement ranges etc) if full auto I dont know anywhere that would let you use it.

Comment

Ok, so il probably need to get a coil clipped off of the spring right?
          Do all guns at the sandpit get chrono'd everytime then?

Comment

Welcome
            You have XSite Lane End, High Wycombe not too far from you either.
            Site limits there are 350 fps MAX for full auto, above that then Semi only for your DMR's and 30mtr engagement.
            All sites will/should be chrono'ing.
            sigpic
            "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

yeah nowhere at all will let you use that on auto. the HIGHEST allowed (at very very few sites) is 372fps.
              the majority is 350fps TOPS and CQB specific sites are often lower (the mall in reading is 340 Fps Max)
              most shops offer (xsite will be able to do onsite at lane end) a relatively cheap downgrade service.
              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

So your saying if I downgrade it to 350fps I could still struggle to enter games with a 340 fps limit?

That sounds like a pain for anyone trying to sqeeze every last bit of performance out of their rifle.

For example if I attend a day with a 330fps limit then the following week I go to a 350fps limit game, then theres 20 odd fps Im missing out on there.

Do people tend to swap out their springs quite often or something?

Comment

there will be no noticeable difference in that 20fps.

i cant remember the last time i ran a gun over 300fps
                  -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                  -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

japdrifter Find out more about japdrifter
                  Working...
                  X