Long Time Player, planning visit to Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Time Player, planning visit to Europe

Hello, I'm Danarchy. My son and I have been taking part in airsoft and milsim games since 2009 and plan to travel to Adriatic Airsoft next May and then try to visit at least one other location for a game while vacationing in Europe. We have played at a number of major ops in the US, including Broken Home and Irene. We usually play on the OPFOR side, because we enjoy the challenge.

If we come to the UK, what is the place that we don't want to miss? At least the one where we can rent an AEG, as it can be a hassle to travel them in some countries from what I've heard.

Re: Long Time Player, planning visit to Europe

UK law on firearms..or things that look like firearms...or even things that dont look like firearms..but are vaugley firearm shaped.

It depends on what sort of game you want to do, A skirmish or a Milsim type game..woodland or CQB.

FPS limits are very different over here too.
    YOu are looking on most sites at;
    350fps tops for an Automatic (some sites 328 fps)
    400 to 450 for a semi auto
    450 to 500 for a bolt action.

ask away, we are a friendly bunch.
    -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
    -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

where in the UK are you going to be stopping, as we might not be as big as the US but our motorways can still be a bitch.
      The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

yeah, some american relatives came over to stay a few years back with a list of places they'd like to go/see in the UK... they achieved about 10% of what they genuinely believed was a feasible list, simply because they underestimated the size of the UK and the mess that we call roads!

Comment

Well, Scotland seems to produce many good airsoft videos with locations like Section 8, The Fort and Land Warrior, and I have an old friend that has ended up living in Edinburgh. I'm looking for an interesting place for a skirmish where we can rent a couple AEGs and not have to carry our gear on the trains. But no offense to the paintballers, but if we are travelling this far, we don't want to end up playing on a 100 meter x 20 meter speedball field. Of course, being a tourist, I suppose that I should squeeze London, a castle and Stonehenge into the trip as well.

The FPS limits seem fine. We generally use TMs, as the hop-up compensates for the sub-300 fps and they don't break down.

Also, I understand that most places there allow steel mesh goggles. Is that correct?

- - - Updated - - -

And thanks for the tips about avoiding the roads. I spent enough time commuting in traffic for work, so I don't want to do that during my vacation as well.

Comment

Yes you are correct. Some sites under 18.s must wear full face.

Places id reccomend are around bristol/ midlands look at first and only and zed adventures. Some good sites things loke abandoned shopping malls old giant hospitals...a tower block etc.
            -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

Hi Dan, welcome to the UK, (when you get here), I'd agree totally with Monkey, base yourself around Bristol, then, apart from having some great airsoft sites within striking distance, you've also got a chance to visit things like Stonhenge in one direction and the fantastic castles of Wales in the other, without having to travel too far...
              "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Although bristol is quite a hard accent for non natives...you may need a translator. I had a friend from boston come over. It was a little bit like tge translation scene in hot fuzz

Comment

Yes, Bristol looks great. The Mall and the Manor would be unique experiences and they have good rental packages. Sounds perfect and thanks for the help.

Comment

Section 8 is just woodland its not really that well developed (used to live up there many moons ago)

If you're near the Mall side of things try Bluestreak Airsoft. Has mix of CQB, Woodland and open terrain.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Danarchy I've been playing airsoft/milsim since 2009 and have participated at dozens of ops, including major US national ops. I'm looking forward to trying some international events in Europe in the coming years. Find out more about Danarchy
                    Working...
                    X