Howdy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and the airsoft scene, I have been interested in it for a while but just never had the time to do anything about it.

I'm going to be looking at getting a few things to start, what would people recommend I start with? Clothing/kit or weapon?

Thanks again.

Pid

Re: Howdy

Wear some old gear strong shoes/boots hire a gun and mask, you may hate it......probably not! Just try a day see how it goes and have fun!

Comment

Hi!
      Welcome to the forum, have a look through the Airsoft related: advice and new players section as there is loads of useful info for new players.
      You can pick up some surplus dpm or mtp kit quite cheap: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/advanc...&keywords=Dpm+

And viper do a decent starter vest which has served me for 4 years now:
      http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2329

Regarding weapons I would say don't buy one until you have skirmished a few times and you know the sport is for you, most places have rental options then when you know you like the game you could get a gun, please look at the VCRA/UKARA section in the advice and new players section, it details the legalities surrounding Airsoft and the purchase of replica imitation firearms.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Excuse my spelling

Comment

Thanks big red and muzlie, quite pricey some of the gear, I'll give eBay a look. Some great advice as well muzlie thanks very much.

Comment

No worries, big red is right, have a skirmish before you buy anything, I'm sure you will enjoy it but you don't want to waste money. When you go to look at guns have a look at the G&G combat machine range, they are probably the best starter gun available in terms of price & quality. Also remember to get Eye Protection, most sights provide this ad as rental packaged but it's nice to have your own!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Excuse my spelling

Comment

Cool, just came across this on eBay,

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...883533&alt=web

Any good? Figure if its good for the military it'll be good for airsoft or DIY. lol.

Comment

Army surplus cheaper and in my opinion better!
              Where I play you get people in full correct forces kit and others with jeans and t shirt so don't panic buy before you play check out what others are wearing and see what you like.

Comment

Brilliant, thanks again big red. Might go for the Danish one seems fairly cheap.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pidaro Find out more about Pidaro
                Working...
                X