Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning after some considerable time away

Hi all,

After a layoff for a good few years I am returning I have decided. I used to Marshall at the Wiltshire war zone and played with team Bob for a good few years and had some great times at gz and further afield along with nam themed events. Although granted for nam I had to play as vc due to the opportunity of shooting fellow bobs with the affectionately nicknamed 'beast'.

So now to source a gas sniper and upgrade it to the hpa side along with try and get some of my old gear (Shottie mainly) of my old team mates.

Stodgy

Re: Returning after some considerable time away

Hi; welcome back!
    On a separate note; out of interest, why are you upgrading a gas sniper to hpa? The base rifle is expensive, mag changes can be a pain and shots are limited? If you converted a spring sniper to HPA, using lets say the mancraft HPA (look for their website as 0in won't allow links :/ ) you would bypass most of those problems!

Personally if I were you I would get a TM VSR and a M40a5 stock on the forums second hand. I would then buy a bottle, and mancraft spring sniper to hpa conversion kit. Obviously since you are sniping you will want very good consistency, so I recommend a more expensive regulator than the mancraft like a ninja.

I use HPA (mancraft for aeg being one of them) for all of my rifles so if you need any questions e.g HPA or SLP just ask! Though by wanting to 'upgrade' it to hpa, you probably know all this, so sorry for blabbing on!

Anyway, welcome back and have a happy new year!

Comment

Certainly all valid points and an option I did certainly consider but I discounted for several reasons. Mainly because I own (which of my old team currently has in possession unknown) 2 X aps 2s and unless I'm mistaken mancraft don't do the bolts for them and I spent far to long tuning those rifles to give up on that platform.

Agreed mag changes can be slow but it's certainly not held back people with long mags (I am going down the Kjw route so 29 or 28 rds is options I will be going down). If you were playing when team Bob were in their heyday you may remember the early 20s lad who was more a sharp shooter and moved a lot with a bolt action, well that was I and our teams actual snpr was more a conventional snpr than how I play to be honest and I think as you say hpa gives me the biggest flexibility.

Out of interest why did you choose not to use a palmers reg?

Comment

Ask Mancraft - they might be able to figure something out.

Comment

Welcome back Stodgy, I don't know why you'd really want an HPA sniper rifle though. When firing one shot at a time, I'd have thought a good boltie has all the advantages, higher FPS allowed to start with, (which combined with a top notch hop, would give you greater range) Quiter, so better for stealth, and lighter, so quicker to move away with if spotted.
          "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Shorter, lighter bolt pull and longevity are the main advantages of the SDiK right now. Also there's the fact that when you offset its cost against a decent 90o trigger, cylinder, cylinder head, guide, piston etc. (things you don't need with the SDiK) then it almost pays for itself.

Also, it's still considered a BASR so sites allow the 450/500fps limit plus it doesn't interfere with the hop so flat hopping and R-Hopping is still on the books for getting that near-100m range. They're far more quiet than the stock springers actually as well given that there are less parts that typically vibrate in a springer and a much smaller spring to start with.

All in all, they're pretty great bits of kit. Having owned both I'm pretty much fully converted.

Comment

Originally posted by steve grey View Post
              Welcome back Stodgy, I don't know why you'd really want an HPA sniper rifle though. When firing one shot at a time, I'd have thought a good boltie has all the advantages, higher FPS allowed to start with, (which combined with a top notch hop, would give you greater range) Quiter, so better for stealth, and lighter, so quicker to move away with if spotted.
              No way is a spring sniper quiter than a hpa converted springer, but i guess u meant a gas converted. Mancraft hpa for spring rifle, ported edgi barrel and a kuba supressor (actually work on hpa) would most likely be virually inaudiable! 1 shot would be quieter than the selector switch on a spring vsr 10!! Bad typing due to ipod... Sorry.

Comment

Steve,

Agreed partially, however I already own 2 Spring bolties and they are both incredibly accurate (or were when I lent them to one of my old team). The reason I am going down the hpa route is firstly it's a lot easier to chamber another bb without a need to fully pull the bolt back and a lot easier. Secondly and probably the main reason why is that there is a technical challenge that appeals to me. Hence my choice to go hpa.

Currently sourcing all the parts and already have a kjw m700 with a 6.03 tbb which is currently in the process of being fettled. I will probably change the barre to a slightly larger one but depends on how well it goes with the palmers reg I now have. Time and effort will tell if I can get it to where I want to but with everything I won't know until I try.

Sites wise certainly I will be re-attending GZ but also tempted by eversley for the gunman lite Milsims.

Thanks for the warm welcome back.

Stodge

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stodgy Find out more about Stodgy
                Working...
                X