Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Guys

Hi Guys

ive been shooting with air rifles since i was 8yr old and stumbled across airsoft while searching for ranges and im pretty keen on getting into airsoft and skirmishing on a weekly basis but befor i start to go i wanted to get my own gun and get used to how they fire and stuff but any i was just wanting to see if you guys know do i have to be ukara registerd to buy and import a gun from hong kong?
    Any advice is greatly appreciated

Rathy_21

Re: Hi Guys

You don't have to UKARA registered as it's not Law. You do however have to be able to prove that your a regular skirmisher. Which you can't of course. So the answer is no i'm afraid. If you can't prove that your legally allowed to buy it they'll impound it and you'll likely get into big trouble

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
      You don't have to UKARA registered as it's not Law. You do however have to be able to prove that your a regular skirmisher. Which you can't of course. So the answer is no i'm afraid. If you can't prove that your legally allowed to buy it they'll impound it and you'll likely get into big trouble
      Ok thanks looks like ill just have to rent there stuff for 6-7 games

Comment

You can buy a two-tone if your 18 or over. But it isn't worth it to be honest. Best bet is to play a few games, see what guns you like the look of, perhaps ask people if you can have a little go. Then when your registered buy a RIF.

Comment

Best way to find out if you like it?
          Do required 3 in no less than 2 months with a few different hires get used to them and get yourself on UKARA database then start looking for your own weapons.
          In the meantime get some decent kit of your own. (eye protection, boots...etc)

Comment

i had a go on a mates g&g xtream 45 and it got me hooked on airsoft guess ill start looking for my closest site thanks guys :D

Comment

where abouts do you live
              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                where abouts do you live
                wimbledon

Comment

tbh, i just bought a pistol from a hongkong site, and before they sent it to me i had to prove my UKARA membership which is odd and pointless, or so i thought.

it seems, that this site in question has had alot of returns or requests for refunds as the gun that had been ordered didn't turn up here in good old blighty. seems someone at customs is doing their job. if i couldn't prove my UKARA membership they told me they simply wouldn't send it, not even at my own risk.

Boris
                  K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

Yep i make sure my ukara number and sites telephone number are on the front of any overseas RIF order.
                    Think i would probably cry if it got siezed and destroyed...lol

Comment

Would you be able to do anything about it if they did seize and destroy something by mistake? (or damaging while inspecting for that matter, heard of that one before)

Comment

Im not sure the lengths that customs would go to trying to contact you for eligability to own, i think its more likley if theres no phone number (yours or your sites) or ukara number its either going back where it came from or in the crusher.
                        As far as liability is concerned if you look at the small print/T&C on the major asian retailers they take no responsiblility for seizures due to no/incorrect paperwork, so no if its seized and you cant prove you skirmish regularly.....tough s**t!!
                        Damage due to inspection you would have to prove.

Comment

ive seen two sites that appeal to me 1 cqb and 1 forest if i have mebership to both of them do i have to go and play at 1 site 4-5 times to apply for ukara or can i share it between the two sites

Comment

http://www.aoba.org.uk/players/documents.php use the Multi Site Verification
                            form on there if you want to split it between the sites.
                            VK

Lightweight Assualt Boots for Sale
                            Size 7 but fitted me till I was a size ten.
                            http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...269#post610269

Comment

Basically UK customs are using UKARA as the best means to verify players. It is because the database has been made aware to the authorities more than other defences so you may as well use UKARA, after all it is the best and hell its one little sheet of paper you get signed etc then take to a retailer that is registered next time you go in or you can post it to a retailer.

If I'm honest when I started I bought a two tone to skirmish with (I liked the idea of my own gun and being able to set my own hop etc more than some battered hire gun). I do regret it a little bit due to the fact I could of waited and got a better gun but in the end it worked out well, worked on the gun and built it up then sold it for pretty much what it was worth after its use to me.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rathy_21 Find out more about Rathy_21
                              Working...
                              X